1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

A way to drop TCP RST packets on Merlin firmware?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by sanke1, Feb 22, 2020.

1. sanke1

sanke1 Senior Member

Is there a script which will drop or ignore TCP RST packets because most ISPs here block random websites arbitrarily without court orders. For example m.telegram.com or mega.nz. They are legit sites but they are blocked by ISP's transparent proxy which intercepts my queries, adds TCP RST packet and sends them back to me. I get Peer Reset Error. There are few softwares on Widnows which drop TCP RST packets and make all websites accessible, however, I am wondering if this is something that can be done on router level as well?

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Something like this in a firewall-start script?
    Code:
    iptables -I FORWARD -i $(nvram get wan0_ifname) -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags RST RST -j DROP
    I'd wonder whether this might cause problems for you in the long run. If you're dropping all RST packets including legitimate ones then I suppose it's possible that your router or PC might become incapable of creating new connections.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    ika likes this.
  3. sanke1

sanke1 Senior Member

True. Can this break any websites?

4. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

I can't think why it would, but that's something you would need to check for yourself.