What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have activate it so it sends stats every week, about three weeks ago. First time I got a email, I also received one last week, but today I didn't get the email. I check the trash folder, then I looked at what the sending email had sent, but I only found old entries.

I did send a confirmation mail and got one. I also manually compiled the stats in the terminal, and I got the mail, tho with the stats for 6 hours and not the whole last week. Can I get the stats from the last week somehow or is it gone?

I have a 512MB swap file, so not sure why it failed. The router says it has 98MB free RAM, and I got 1GB of free space on the USB.

So can I find out why I didn't get the email? an error log somewhere?

Last edited:
So I have activate it so it sends stats every week, about three weeks ago. First time I got a email, I also received one last week, but today I didn't get the email. I check the trash folder, then I looked at what the sending email had sent, but I only found old entries.
The router might have run out of memory or the stats function may have encountered an error.
Look in the syslog, if it was sent, you'd see:
AB-Solution compiled router stats, saved to mail
If it failed to send it:
AB-Solution failed to send router stats
While compiling the stats, it writes continuously to a dated file in adblocking/stats, the half finished stats file should still be there.
The file gets deleted after sending, so only unfinished files or stats explicitly saved to file will be in that directory.

The router might have run out of memory or the stats function may have encountered an error.
Look in the syslog, if it was sent, you'd see:
AB-Solution compiled router stats, saved to mail
If it failed to send it:
AB-Solution failed to send router stats
While compiling the stats, it writes continuously to a dated file in adblocking/stats, the half finished stats file should still be there.
The file gets deleted after sending, so only unfinished files or stats explicitly saved to file will be in that directory.

It says "Feb 19 01:52:36 frejoh466: AB-Solution compiled router stats, saved to mail", and the stats folder is empty. And the next entry is the filter updating.

I am using the large list (did the switch last week), so running out of memory is a good guess, but I am using 1GB swap file on the USB.

RT-AC1900P, same hardware, same firmware, same blocking file:
dnsmasq --log-async: 21.6%
adblocking on: RAM used 123MB, 48%
adblocking off: RAM used 68MB, 27%

Yours kooks normal to me. I have set Tools > Other Settings: Memory Management: Regularly flush caches (default: Yes) to yes.

BTW: Logging on or off should not make a noticable difference as dnsmasq only writes to the logfile if set to on. This will not use noticeable memory unless you have a very slow USB device plugged in.

Thanks.
I log to a 1TB USB3 HDD, transfers via SMB/NFS are really fast, I don't think the device is a bottle-neck.

In your device ram consumption is ~40MB less than mine (55MB yours, 90MB mine).

It says "Feb 19 01:52:36 frejoh466: AB-Solution compiled router stats, saved to mail", and the stats folder is empty. And the next entry is the filter updating.

I am using the large list (did the switch last week), so running out of memory is a good guess, but I am using 1GB swap file on the USB.
When that line is printed to syslog, the stats were compiled and the email has been sucessfully sent. With it it deletes the temporary file in the /stats dir. Check your spam folder or settings.

When I just started AB-Solution, it showed an empty message box at the bottom. Any clues as to what should have been showed there? I can't recall if I've ever seen this before. This is on a clean install, AB-S backup restored.

wEvm2ii.png

I tried selecting text between the lines, in case it was black on black, but the lines appear to be empty. Could this be the message that Skynet wants to join the party (+)?

I tried selecting text between the lines, in case it was black on black, but the lines appear to be empty. Could this be the message that Skynet wants to join the party (+)?
I've only had the blank message box when I did manual tests or or manual interventions during testing.
It appears to be a one line message that is not completely deleted in the config file. You can look at it in sf. If news=1 and newMessage=1 then the box is shown. The message would be in message="".
The additional hosts request is a two liner so I doubt it is from Skynet. Skynet writes an empty file called AddPlusHosts to the AB config dir to place the request to AB.
If there is a persistent problem the error message will come back next time you start AB.

I've only had the blank message box when I did manual tests or or manual interventions during testing.
It appears to be a one line message that is not completely deleted in the config file. You can look at it in sf. If news=1 and newMessage=1 then the box is shown. The message would be in message="".

Thanks for clarifying. It occured on opening AB-Solution, right after I just exited Skynet. I just had an actual message, when I edited my custom blocklist (the reminder to use 'u' to update the list), so newMessage=0 now, after I ran 'u'. If it happens again, I hope I'll be able to reproduce it.

When that line is printed to syslog, the stats were compiled and the email has been sucessfully sent. With it it deletes the temporary file in the /stats dir. Check your spam folder or settings.

Nothing in the spam folder. If I login to the email account that sends the email I only have older and today test email, nothing was sent during the night. The email before the test email was last weeks report, so it never sent the email. Nothing in Draft either.

I'm sending the email with an outlook address and reviving them with an gmail.

Nothing in the spam folder. If I login to the email account that sends the email I only have older and today test email, nothing was sent during the night. The email before the test email was last weeks report, so it never sent the email. Nothing in Draft either.

I'm sending the email with an outlook address and reviving them with an gmail.
Hmm. The curl exit status was 0, meaning the email was sent and accepted by the receiving mail server.
Can you send a current stats report, same settings to mail?

Just wanted to say a big thank-you for this adblock. Bought an AC86U a month ago or so to replace my Linksys WRTs. Your AB-Solution works great !

If i want to white list a domain like coupons.com how do i do it? Someone please explain.

Thank You
See the section EL here:
https://www.ab-solution.info/use/manual/main-menu.html

el edits the white and blacklist. The whitelist is used to remove domains in the blocking file to let them pass. The blacklist adds domains separately from the blocking file to be blocked. When adding a domain to the list, a check is done whether the domain needs to be added. When removing domains from the whitelist, the domain is added back to the blocking file. Both lists only block the exact domain, wildcard (*) entries are not possible. Domains with and without the www part are treated separately, e.g, www.domain.com and domain.com need to be added separately.

Hey, when I try to install pixelserv I'm asked to select an IP that's higher than 192.168.1.1 and lower than 192.168.1.2.
I tried using both and both were refused.
On every screengrab I have seen of this menu, the second IP indicated (the upper threshold) was 192.168.1.3.
Any idea how I can change this bracket?

Hey, when I try to install pixelserv I'm asked to select an IP that's higher than 192.168.1.1 and lower than 192.168.1.2.
On every screengrab I have seen of this menu, the second IP indicated (the upper threshold) was 192.168.1.3.
What are the details on your LAN > DHCP Server page under Basic Config?
The DHCP server is enabled?
What’s your IP pool starting address and what’s the ending address?

Did you see the 'DO THIS NOW!' step during install? That's presumably the step you missed.

Short answer: You need to change the starting IP of the DHCP pool in 192.168.1.3 or higher if you plan on assigning static leases to your devices. That way pixelserv can use 192.168.1.2. You'll find these in LAN > LAN DHCP Settings.

Long answer: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...king-solution-v3-11.37511/page-66#post-344366

I tested it but sometimes it couldn't reach some url wich are not adverts or strange one so i went back to opendns.

@thelonelycoder I've experience some slow loading in some websites, is there any way to optimize speeds?

I'm using it on an AC88U w/2.0 USB just running AB-S

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.