What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys:

Is there any way that I could run pixelserv-tls silently, without writing any logs or stats at all?

My problem is that every time any device in my network access a webpage, or an app, the external USB disk attached to the router wakes up, and I don't like that. I have it configured so that it does a spindown if it's idle for 5 minutes. Since I installed pixelserv-tls, it's working almost all the time.

Maybe I need to install it on the JFFS instead of the external disk? I think that's not recomended.

Is there any way that I could run pixelserv-tls silently, without writing any logs or stats at all?
Pixelserv does not write a visible log file and has no option to turn it off.
Maybe you confuse it with the l logging feature of AB-Solution.
If you turn logging off about 99% of writes to the ad-blocking device will be stopped.

What cannot be stopped is the usage of the pixelserv binary and all the required services from Entware on the entware device.

As you noted, installing to /jffs/ is not recommended as this will wear out this partition over (a long) time.
Consider using a USB stick to install AB-Solution and Entware on it instead of a drive.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ing-solution-v3-9-1.37511/page-55#post-338285

And also maybe these, found by @returntrip:
For Amazon Europe and US, you need to whitelist the following:

aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-eu.amazon.com
fls-eu.amazon.de
s.amazon-adsystem.com

us and na stands for north america, eu for europe.

I'm in North America and have all those in my whitelist and still get the error in the android amazon app (note it's the "Amazon" app and not the "Amazon Shopping" app). Using the f - option 2 in AB does not show any blocked sites.

Like it was said, more an an annoyance than anything. I just use my computer rather than the phone app...

I'm in North America and have all those in my whitelist and still get the error in the android amazon app (note it's the "Amazon" app and not the "Amazon Shopping" app). Using the f - option 2 in AB does not show any blocked sites.

Like it was said, more an an annoyance than anything. I just use my computer rather than the phone app...
I'm not seeing "that Amazon app" in my store. What does it do?

@thelonelycoder
Are you by any chance planning on supporting ac86u?
Not specifically but I hope AB runs on the Asuswrt-Merlin 382 branch.
I have no way of testing it as the device is unavailable in Switzerland.

Not specifically but I hope AB runs on the Asuswrt-Merlin 382 branch.
I have no way of testing it as the device is unavailable in Switzerland.
I have tried to install on Alpha build but no luck.
"Error: aarch64 is an unsupported platform to install AB-Solution on."
Guess i will have to hold out a bit longer.
Thanks =)

It should work, as I am using the same Entware-NG repo as before. Just need to treat the aarch64 architecture as if it was really ARM. Check my updated entware setup script on the 382 repo.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have tried to install on Alpha build but no luck.
"Error: aarch64 is an unsupported platform to install AB-Solution on."
Guess i will have to hold out a bit longer.
Thanks =)
Support for the new Asuswrt-Merlin 382.x branch is now added to the main script ab-solution.sh and to the two addon files that check uname -m: pixelserv-tls.add and update-hosts.add.
No version change, just run the install command posted on the website.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing "that Amazon app" in my store. What does it do?

The one that bugs out is the "Amazon Underground" app which includes their app store along with standard shopping. I believe it's only downloadable from the Amazon website and sideloaded. The app that seems to be OK is the "Amazon Shopping" app which is only for standard retail. "Amazon Shopping" can be downloaded from the Google App store.

The one that bugs out is the "Amazon Underground" app which includes their app store along with standard shopping. I believe it's only downloadable from the Amazon website and sideloaded. The app that seems to be OK is the "Amazon Shopping" app which is only for standard retail. "Amazon Shopping" can be downloaded from the Google App store.
The search Amazon Underground on the Play store ended with repeatedly closing this app with an unknown error. Updating unrelated apps fixed it. What a time we live in.
I know the Underground app is not available in the store, although some helpers can be found on it.
You're on your own finding out what domain needs to be whitelisted.

What you could do is trying @Xentrk's method above. First with ad-blocking enabled and then disabled. The comparison of the two results might reveal the domain.
Be aware that the logfile records every request from every connected device. You may have to filter by IP.

Would it possible to go back to older version? After updated to current 3.91 AB no longer works.
Theoretically you could but I doubt that will solve whatever problem you may have with the latest greatest.
AB moves the old ab-solution.sh to the /adblocking/backup/ folder and adds the date and time when it moved it there.

My version setup on the server is not built for older versions to install, only the current latest version.
But if you want to push it, you could downgrade to v3.8 if you have the backup file. Look at the head of the file, appVersion would be 3.8.
This is not possible for version 3.9.x.

My suggestion is that you elaborate on the "no longer works", then we may be able to help you.

Support for the new Asuswrt-Merlin 382.x branch is now added to the main script ab-solution.sh and to the two addon files that check uname -m: pixelserv-tls.add and update-hosts.add.
No version change, just run the install command posted on the website.
Hi
Thanks for the quick response.
AB does install now but i am unable to use it. After install all internet access dies. Removing usb is the only way to regain access to router/internet.
I will try again when firmware is more mature.
Thanks

Hi
Thanks for the quick response.
AB does install now but i am unable to use it. After install all internet access dies. Removing usb is the only way to regain access to router/internet.
I will try again when firmware is more mature.
Thanks
Thanks for testing. But I doubt this is related to a firmware bug.
I fear that parts of AB needs rewriting for 382.x.
Really wish I had a device to test this on myself. Asus Switzerland is not very helpful. I never received a reply to the email I sent them.

Having problems with Ebay not loading at all and redirecting to http://rover.ebay.com.

Twitch Beta now shows adds at the start of a stream. Didn't do this yesterday
Youtube now shows adds on videos

Having problems with Ebay not loading at all and redirecting to http://rover.ebay.com.

Twitch Beta now shows adds at the start of a stream. Didn't do this yesterday
Youtube now shows adds on videos
Try a smaller blocking file and see if that helps. And there‘s always option f to find what domains are blocked.

Two days ago, Kazoo released the "Kk" version of pixelsrv-tls.
When will it be added to ab-solutions?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.