What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to install Pixelserv-tls after reading what it does, at the beginning I thought that its purpose was only to display logs, but I read that it also gives extra security when blocking.

Before I proceed and install this, I have a synology nas that uses port 443 and 80 for some important services, it looks like Pixelserv-tls runs in those ports, is possible to change the ports needed for pixelserv-tls and how? I looked everywhere and didn't find much.

I have decided to install Pixelserv-tls after reading what it does, at the beginning I thought that its purpose was only to display logs, but I read that it also gives extra security when blocking.

Before I proceed and install this, I have a synology nas that uses port 443 and 80 for some important services, it looks like Pixelserv-tls runs in those ports, is possible to change the ports needed for pixelserv-tls and how? I looked everywhere and didn't find much.
Pixelserv uses these ports locally on the router only. Your services on your NAS running on these ports are not affected by it from the information you gave.

Yep... Pixelserv-tls is enable and 192.168.2.2/servstats work perfectly.

It only appears on https://it.yahoo.com. If I go to the uk or US, I do not see anything.

Ah ... okay! So everything works as it should? Is it normal that I see that picture?

Ah ... okay! So everything works as it should? Is it normal that I see that picture?
Nothing you can do in AB-Solution to block that specific image.
Get used to it and hope that it changes from time to time so that at least you get some variance.

For some reason I'm still getting the same message after going through the steps. Tonight I will try to reinstall again.

Try this, deleting the lock folder and make new, set rights to it:
Code:
rm -rf /opt/var/lock/
mkdir /opt/var/lock
chmod 0755 /opt/var/lock/
Then run one of the options again:
5. update installed packages
6. update and upgrade installed packages

Did a uninstall and reinstall.
Looks fine now.

For some reason I'm still getting the same message after going through the steps. Tonight I will try to reinstall again.

I'm logging in via Putty and Ab-Solution seems to be frozen after checking installation state.
sh /tmp/mnt/sda1/ab-solution.sh
is what I am using to login

I'm logging in via Putty and Ab-Solution seems to be frozen after checking installation state.
sh /tmp/mnt/sda1/ab-solution.sh
is what I am using to login
If Entware and/or pixelserv-tls is installed, simply use ab-solution to start.
Any clues in the syslog of interest? Device errors, file errors or such?

I'm curious why you recommend ext2 for the USB in the requirements section of the ABS website installation? I know ext2, ext3 and ext4 are supported, however I used ext2 as recommended, and now I have some issues with corruption on router shutdown and restart. It is a 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit low profile stick.

There has been some renovation in the complex where I live requiring power shutdown on the building. I'm not home so the power goes down, then comes back later. I had some issues with ABS and pixelserv-tls, so I pulled the USB stick and ran fsck on my computer and had to repair about 20 problems.

Now I'm thinking of reformatting to ext4 and reinstall everything, but I wonder why you recommend ext2 over the other formats?

Thanks.

I'm curious why you recommend ext2 for the USB in the requirements section of the ABS website installation? I know ext2, ext3 and ext4 are supported, however I used ext2 as recommended, and now I have some issues with corruption on router shutdown and restart. It is a 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit low profile stick.

There has been some renovation in the complex where I live requiring power shutdown on the building. I'm not home so the power goes down, then comes back later. I had some issues with ABS and pixelserv-tls, so I pulled the USB stick and ran fsck on my computer and had to repair about 20 problems.

Now I'm thinking of reformatting to ext4 and reinstall everything, but I wonder why you recommend ext2 over the other formats?

Thanks.
That's up to you and your own tests. The reason why I recommend ext2 is that it appears to be the most stable for the users of AB-Solution.
And my experiences with ext4 on a USB stick are mildly put devastating. Never again on a USB Stick unless proven otherwise.

There have been several debates about the best filesystem to use and I encourage you to read them:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/usb-file-system.15134/#post-102395
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ext2-ext3-ext4-or-ntfs-for-usb-stick-disk.31621/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/best-file-system-to-use-for-usb-hdds-on-asus-routers.27837/

@thelonelycoder I cant seem to quote you but seems my usb stick has become corrupted. The requirements state:

• A permanently plugged in USB device*** on the router, formatted with ext2, ext3 or ext4 file system (ext4 ARM devices only), ext2 highly recommended
what is the program you recommend to format to those formats?

My USB was one of those tiny Sandisk ones. I cannot remember the exact model but it's not very old.

@thelonelycoder I cant seem to quote you but seems my usb stick has become corrupted. The requirements state:

• A permanently plugged in USB device*** on the router, formatted with ext2, ext3 or ext4 file system (ext4 ARM devices only), ext2 highly recommended
what is the program you recommend to format to those formats?

My USB was one of those tiny Sandisk ones. I cannot remember the exact model but it's not very old.
It is maybe the Cruzer Fit I mentioned that I use just above? I'm also having the disk corruption issues on involuntary power cycles lately. I ran for months with no problems. wish I knew why now it happens.

Thanks @thelonelycoder for the file format links to refresh this old man memory. I actually mentioned that ext2 solved issues over ext4 that another user reported in one thread. o_O

Ah cool. Anyway all sorted now, thank you guys.
Formatted to ext2 this time instead of ext3, reinstalled ABSolution & Ads be Gone :D
Yes, I have exactly the same USB you mentioned Butterfly Bones.

Hi,

I'm trying to exclude clients from the ad blocking as some family members want to see adds on some devices and have followed the instructions from this page: https://www.ab-solution.info/faq-reader/how-to-exclude-a-client-from-ad-blocking.html

When I followed these steps my client(s) that needed to be blocked didn't block anything. It seems like the only way of doing this is by adding this client to force it to go through the router. Instead of excluding clients this seems to work like enabling clients to use the add block function.

Anyone any ideas about what I might be missing?
Thanks

dont use partition managers under windows to format drives for linux, ask me how i know.
formatting via vbox it seems to be fine, but used ext2 and seems stable in asus router

Status
Not open for further replies.