What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever get this sorted out? I think I found that it's not AB-Solution that is causing the issue but rather pixelserv. I whitelisted many different amazon options and it would still cause problems. I then disabled pixelserv and it seems to have fixed it. Give it a try and see if it helps.
The Amazon app works flawless on iOS, but Android wants a bit more.
To be able to log in with the Android app, you need this whitelisted, I'm using the AdsBeGone! blocking file:
Code:
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
For the error message to go away in the Android app once logged in, whitelist this:
Code:
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
This works from Switzerland, using the amazon.de store.
Switzerland does not have an Amazon store, we are poor souls.

All this is easily found out using the f option 2 in AB.

For Amazon Europe and US, you need to whitelist the following:

aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-eu.amazon.com
fls-eu.amazon.de
s.amazon-adsystem.com

To add to the Whitelist use the following options: "el" > "1"

If the above is not enough in other countries/languages, then follow the log by using option "f" > "2" and see if any "amazon.com" or "amazon-adsystem.com" domains have to be added to the whitelist

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
That depends on the blocking file type, what's yours?

The Amazon app works flawless on iOS, but Android wants a bit more.
To be able to log in with the Android app, you need this whitelisted, I'm using the AdsBeGone! blocking file:
Code:
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
For the error message to go away in the Android app once logged in, whitelist this:
Code:
This works from Switzerland, using the amazon.de store.
Switzerland does not have an Amazon store, we are poor souls.

All this is easily found out using the f option 2 in AB.

Strange... I'll give this a go. When using the "Medium" block list and the stock whitelist I get the android Amazon app to work if pixelserv is disabled. With pixelserve enabled and monitoring the log, I whitelisted everything shown but still had the issue. I'll play around with it and report back.

Strange... I'll give this a go. When using the "Medium" block list and the stock whitelist I get the android Amazon app to work if pixelserv is disabled. With pixelserve enabled and monitoring the log, I whitelisted everything shown but still had the issue. I'll play around with it and report back.
Try to make a good guess which domains to whitelist. Not everything that flies by in f option may be from that device and app you use.

Try to make a good guess which domains to whitelist. Not everything that flies by in f option may be from that device and app you use.

I've put everything (and then some) that shows up using the "f" option in the log (I'm using the Medium blocklist). My whitelist has:

14: fls-na.amazon.com
15: aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
16: aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
17: mads.amazon-adsystem.com
18: fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com
19: fls-eu.amazon.com
20: fls-eu.amazon.de
21: s.amazon-adsystem.com
22: px.moatads.com
23: secure-gl.imrworldwide.com
24: z.moatads.com
25: bs.serving-sys.com
26: pixel.adsafeprotected.com

I still get the "Sorry, there's a problem with this page right now. We're working on fixing it. CS3"

Turning off pixelsrv-tls fixes the issue immediately.

Anyone have the same problem as me? The router keeps auto reboot after 3 to 5 minutes usage.

- Merlin firmware 380.67 /380.68 Alpha1
- AB-Solution 3.9
- RT-AC88U/ Toshiba 8GB Plugged USB 3.0 Port

Remove thumb drive will stop router auto reboot.

Anyone have the same problem as me? The router keeps auto reboot after 3 to 5 minutes usage.

- Merlin firmware 380.67 /380.68 Alpha1
- AB-Solution 3.9
- RT-AC88U/ Toshiba 8GB Plugged USB 3.0 Port

Remove thumb drive will stop router auto reboot.
Probably best to post this in the 380.67 thread. I did see several people reporting this issue there last night. When you flashed, did you have any devices plugged into the USB drive? If so, it may have taken up memory the flash needed. Try to flash again without the USB drive plugged in. The AC88U routers, which I have three, do have plenty of memory. I have forgotten on occasion or two to remove the USB and had no issues. But one time, it did corrupt the USB drive during a flash. Since then, I always try to remember to remove the USB before flashing new firmware. And finally, after the flash, try a factory reset and reenter settings manually if you still have issues.

If I enable weekly stats after a fresh install, (Save to file in /adblocking/stats/, option 1),I get this :
weekly stats is inactive at the moment.

Enable it? [1=Yes e=Exit] 1
---------------------------------------------------

Select how to output the weekly stats

1. Save to file in /adblocking/stats/
2. Send as email, stats in text body
3. Send as email, stats as attachment

Select output [1-3 e=Exit] 1

getting log-stats.add from
ab-solution.info/releases/addon/3.9
download successful, preparing file
log-stats.add integrated into AB-Solution
ab-solution.sh: .: line 86: can't open '/tmp/mnt/Router/adblocking/.config/email.cfg'

At this point I cannot start adblock, or run the install command. this is what is see if I start the install ,or run the start command again:
Welcome
This is AB-Solution 3.9 [3.9.0]

looking for an installation
found AB-Solution on /tmp/mnt/Router
checking installation state
ab-solution.sh: .: line 86: can't open '/tmp/mnt/Router/adblocking/.config/email.cfg'

At this point , I have to format the USB stick again and only then I can reinstall
What am I doing wrong? Thank you

At this point , I have to format the USB stick again and only then I can reinstall

Looks to me you're doing nothing wrong, apparently AB-solution expects the file email.cfg to exist, even if you choose to save the stats on the router or on a USB stick, instead of emailing them to you. Why do you need to format the USB-stick again? Can't you just try to abort with CTRL-C, that should bring you back to the terminal prompt, or if that's intercepted, back to the AB-solution menu.

If you don't want enter your e-mail settings (which you can do by choosing 'sm' from the Main Menu to enter the submenu, then from the submenu enter 'ec' to enter your e-mail credentials), you could try the following (which is only a temporary solution which most likely will work untill you reboot):

Enter the following at the terminal prompt:

Code:
touch /tmp/mnt/Router/adblocking/.config/email.cfg
and press enter.

This will create an empty email.cfg file at the location where AB-solution is looking for it. If it only checks wether the file exists, you should be able to start AB-solution and configure your stats. If it tries to read the file (which is empty) it will cause another error.

Calling the creator of AB-solution, @thelonelycoder, for further assistance.

If I enable weekly stats after a fresh install, (Save to file in /adblocking/stats/, option 1),I get this :

At this point I cannot start adblock, or run the install command. this is what is see if I start the install ,or run the start command again:
Welcome

Thanks for reporting this error.

I have added the clause in lines 3676-3678 in ab-solution.sh to not include the email.cfg file when stats are not sent through email.
You can re-download the file by entering 33 into the AB UI.
Then you can set your router stats.

No version change for ab-solution.sh, only the release date is changed to today, as seen in function s.

Looks to me you're doing nothing wrong, apparently AB-solution expects the file email.cfg to exist, even if you choose to save the stats on the router or on a USB stick, instead of emailing them to you. Why do you need to format the USB-stick again? Can't you just try to abort with CTRL-C, that should bring you back to the terminal prompt, or if that's intercepted, back to the AB-solution menu.

If you don't want enter your e-mail settings (which you can do by choosing 'sm' from the Main Menu to enter the submenu, then from the submenu enter 'ec' to enter your e-mail credentials), you could try the following (which is only a temporary solution which most likely will work untill you reboot):

Enter the following at the terminal prompt:

Code:
touch /tmp/mnt/Router/adblocking/.config/email.cfg
and press enter.

This will create an empty email.cfg file at the location where AB-solution is looking for it. If it only checks wether the file exists, you should be able to start AB-solution and configure your stats. If it tries to read the file (which is empty) it will cause another error.

Calling the creator of AB-solution, @thelonelycoder, for further assistance.

Welcome

Additionally, the same check is now built into log-stats.add on lines 59-61.

Same here, no version change, only the release date has changed to today.
To update ab-solution.sh and all addon files in use, enter 1233 into the AB UI.

An empty email.cfg will trigger the plain email editor, as opposed to no file that shows the initial settings editor with additional info.

I have a question on the shared-AB-whitelist file with the 3.9 release of ABS.

I looked at shared-AB-whitelist and noticed domain names that I have in a black list file located in /jffs/ipset_lists/blacklist-domains.txt (source https://github.com/shounak-de/iblocklist-loader).

My confusion is why domains I have listed in a black list file are showing up in the white list file used by ABS? Just want to make sure there are no conflicts. There does not appear to be.

Thank you, Xentrk

Code:
 nslookup telemetry.microsoft.com
Server:    127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain

Name:      telemetry.microsoft.com
Address 1: 65.52.100.9 telemetry.microsoft.com
admin@RT-AC88U-5248:/tmp/mnt/absolution/adblocking/logs# MatchIP 65.52.100.9
65.52.100.9 not found in YAMalwareBlockCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in YAMalwareBlock3IP
65.52.100.9 not found in YAMalwareBlock2IP
65.52.100.9 found in YAMalwareBlock1IP
65.52.100.9 not found in WhitelistDomains
65.52.100.9 found in BlacklistDomains
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackProxyCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackProxySingle
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackWebexploitCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackWebexploitSingle
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackDshieldCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackDshieldSingle
65.52.100.9 not found in BlockedCountries
65.52.100.9 not found in TorNodes
65.52.100.9 not found in BlacklistTRK
65.52.100.9 not found in WhitelistSRCPort
65.52.100.9 found in MicrosoftSpyServers

It was probably part of a larger CIDR range.
Precisely, its part of a CIDR range.
@Xentrk That country blocking script is kind of old and inflexible in a way (no provision to whitelist). If you want to whitelist specific IPs, within blocked countries, the iblocklist-loader-v2.sh is what I'd use.

Precisely, its part of a CIDR range.
@Xentrk That country blocking script is kind of old and inflexible in a way (no provision to whitelist). If you want to whitelist specific IPs, within blocked countries, the iblocklist-loader-v2.sh is what I'd use.
Thanks. I'll make the change.

I have a question on the shared-AB-whitelist file with the 3.9 release of ABS.

I looked at shared-AB-whitelist and noticed domain names that I have in a black list file located in /jffs/ipset_lists/blacklist-domains.txt (source https://github.com/shounak-de/iblocklist-loader).

My confusion is why domains I have listed in a black list file are showing up in the white list file used by ABS? Just want to make sure there are no conflicts. There does not appear to be.

Thank you, Xentrk

Code:
 nslookup telemetry.microsoft.com
Server:    127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain

Name:      telemetry.microsoft.com
Address 1: 65.52.100.9 telemetry.microsoft.com
admin@RT-AC88U-5248:/tmp/mnt/absolution/adblocking/logs# MatchIP 65.52.100.9
65.52.100.9 not found in YAMalwareBlockCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in YAMalwareBlock3IP
65.52.100.9 not found in YAMalwareBlock2IP
65.52.100.9 found in YAMalwareBlock1IP
65.52.100.9 not found in WhitelistDomains
65.52.100.9 found in BlacklistDomains
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackProxyCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackProxySingle
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackWebexploitCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackWebexploitSingle
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackDshieldCIDR
65.52.100.9 not found in BluetackDshieldSingle
65.52.100.9 not found in BlockedCountries
65.52.100.9 not found in TorNodes
65.52.100.9 not found in BlacklistTRK
65.52.100.9 not found in WhitelistSRCPort
65.52.100.9 found in MicrosoftSpyServers
Line 202 and 208 in update-hosts.add likely finds them in
/jffs/ipset_lists/blacklist-domains.txt and
/jffs/ipset_lists/ya-malware-block.urls

Hi there.

I am having a problem trying to get through to piwik.org and plugins.piwik.org and am using the standard blocking file with 'piwik.org' in my whitelist.

Since a recent update (sorry not sure which, as I have just noticed) I have stopped having access to those two domains and I have used the monitor log file and it shows a block on piwik.org when I try to access it via my browser.

I wondered if I had set the whitelist wrongly but if I add anything other than piwik.org it is not recognised and doesn't get added to the whitelist.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.