What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
AB-Solution is now Diversion

All install and update info, as well as other useful information is on the Diversion website.

Discussion thread for Diversion
is here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-adblocker.48538/
You may still install AB-Solution from its website but it will no longer receive updates. Diversion is the successor of AB-Solution.

Welcome
This is AB-Solution
The Ad-Blocking Solution for Asuswrt-Merlin

All install and update info, as well as other useful information is on the AB-Solution website.

AB-Solution is free to use under the GNU General Public License, version 2.0 (GPL-2.0).
If you like AB-Solution and find it useful, you can help it's further development with a donation.
Thank you!

Screenshots AB-Solution 3.11, main and sub menu. The '+' in shooter40sw indicates that additional hosts are selected in b:

6LFY9Ee.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
great script for blocking ads....in first place for my tablets, smart tv and mobile phones....ads gone...and very easy and automate install....thank you...

Yup down for me too
Code:
getting hosts file 2, preprocessing file...
 http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/zero/hosts

download hosts file 2 failed, using backup file
Dan Pollocks's http://someonewhocares.org appears to be online again. Whew...

Nice shiny new web site :D looks great mate :)

Thank you.:cool:

is the AB-max best solution for install and use?
Code:
1 - Standard
2 - Medium
3 - shooter40sw
4 - AdsBeGone!
5 - Large
6 - AB-Max
7 - Custom file type

Welcome
This is AB-Solution 3.6.5
The Ad Blocking Solution

One year ago, on February 15 2016, AB-Solution 1.0 came out.
This was the first release under this name, after a short beta period under a different name.

AB-Solution is now 365 days old.
As a first Anniversary Edition, and to celebrate one year of coding on this project, I have decided to number the latest release version 3.6.5.

All install and update info, as well as other useful information is centrally located on the AB-Solution website.
www.ab-solution.info

Including the change log.
The manual for this latest version will be added as soon as time permits.
Thanks for using AB-Solution, I'm proud to be of service and have such a great community embracing it.

I want to say my thanks to all contributors, in whichever form you did.

A special thank you goes to the v3.6.5 beta team:
@cybrnook, @elorimer, @iaTa, @tomsk and @visortgw
Thanks guys, you make magic happen!

time to update your sig :)

is the AB-max best solution for install and use?
Code:
1 - Standard
2 - Medium
3 - shooter40sw
4 - AdsBeGone!
5 - Large
6 - AB-Max
7 - Custom file type
That is up to you, read carefully what it says. AB-Max blocks an awful lot of domains. Whitelisting is unavoidable and your router may come to it's limits.
Read again before using it.

That is up to you, read carefully what it says. AB-Max blocks an awful lot of domains. Whitelisting is unavoidable and your router may come to it's limits.
Read again before using it.
In fact i would say that using any of the block lists larger than shooter40sw means you will run into unexpected blocks while browsing after a short period of use....its important to understand how to whitelist effectively or you are going to have a frustrating time....AB-Max is insane!

Small issue noticed on the router stats email. Apostrophes are used instead of commas:

47'012 domains are blocked (blocking_file, blacklist.txt)
451'923 ads in total blocked
51'839 ads this week, since last Saturday

This actually isn't new to 3.6.5, as the same was true in 3.0. Perhaps it is by design?

Thanks for the upgrade - will continue to poke around!

Updated my rt-ac87u ab-solution from 3.0 to 3.6.5. Update went flawlessly with no problems. Thanks for your hard work, thelonelycoder and beta testers.

Small issue noticed on the router stats email. Apostrophes are used instead of commas:

47'012 domains are blocked (blocking_file, blacklist.txt)
451'923 ads in total blocked
51'839 ads this week, since last Saturday

This actually isn't new to 3.6.5, as the same was true in 3.0. Perhaps it is by design?

Thanks for the upgrade - will continue to poke around!
Noted, thanks.
This is the Swiss German way of separating them. So to me it looks correct. Small issue to fix.

Hi team, pixelserv slows down Origin (EA) from showing its contents by 5 mins, all the games and games library, with it off there is no problem all loads up straight away. Any idea how to whitelist in pixelserv?

Many thanks

Hi team, pixelserv slows down Origin (EA) from showing its contents by 5 mins, all the games and games library, with it off there is no problem all loads up straight away. Any idea how to whitelist in pixelserv?

Many thanks
In the whitelist, as usual. Never been different.

Status
Not open for further replies.