1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC-3100 VPN Server fw version 384.8_2

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Rando, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Rando

Rando Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I just upgraded to ac-3100 router and have setup a VPN server on the router. I'm able to connect to the vpn from my android phone without issues..however, I cannot connect to anything LAN based. I can only ping the router.

I have "Advertise DNS to clients" set to yes. Am I missing something else? I've noticed there's not as many DNS type options in this newer firmware.

upload_2019-2-12_10-30-30.png

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rando

Rando Occasional Visitor

Forgot to mention i also have the setting for client will use VPN to access set to Both.

3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Make sure the firewalls on your LAN clients are configured to allow the 10.8.0.0/24 subnet.

4. martinr

martinr Very Senior Member

Please go to the General tab for the VPN Server (not the Advanced tab) and set “Client will use vpn to connect to” to both.

Does that fix it?