What's new

AC-3100 VPN Server fw version 384.8_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rando

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I just upgraded to ac-3100 router and have setup a VPN server on the router. I'm able to connect to the vpn from my android phone without issues..however, I cannot connect to anything LAN based. I can only ping the router.

I have "Advertise DNS to clients" set to yes. Am I missing something else? I've noticed there's not as many DNS type options in this newer firmware.

upload_2019-2-12_10-30-30.png

Thanks

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-12_10-30-3.png
    upload_2019-2-12_10-30-3.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 403
Forgot to mention i also have the setting for client will use VPN to access set to Both.

Make sure the firewalls on your LAN clients are configured to allow the 10.8.0.0/24 subnet.

Hello,

I just upgraded to ac-3100 router and have setup a VPN server on the router. I'm able to connect to the vpn from my android phone without issues..however, I cannot connect to anything LAN based. I can only ping the router.

I have "Advertise DNS to clients" set to yes. Am I missing something else? I've noticed there's not as many DNS type options in this newer firmware.

View attachment 16231

Thanks

Please go to the General tab for the VPN Server (not the Advanced tab) and set “Client will use vpn to connect to” to both.

Does that fix it?