1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[AC-3200] New Firmware - 5/15/2018

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by AntonK, May 16, 2018.

1. AntonK

AntonK Regular Contributor

New firmware for the AC-3200

SUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50470
    - Improved system stability.
    - Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
    - Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
    - Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighthttpd
    - Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
    - Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. david_31262

david_31262 New Around Here

Thanks, AntonK. Anyone brave enough to try this yet. Does it fix the 2.4G wireless problem from 50010 ?

4. Enrique Alonso

Enrique Alonso New Around Here

Upgraded Yesterday, Wifi 2.4G seems to work fine now.. (finally)

NOP. downgraded again, Wifi 2.4 keeps failing.

Last edited: May 24, 2018 at 11:14 AM
  5. gshanlin

gshanlin New Around Here

just took the plunge....so far, so good. Fingers crossed. No AiMesh, but am ok with that as long as they didn't break anything else.... :/

6. Jim Salter

Jim Salter Occasional Visitor

There's a newer one that just dropped this morning, FYI. Which I know because I've run half my tests on _50470, and now I'm seeing an update notification in the GUI... sigh.

7. Jim Salter

Jim Salter Occasional Visitor

Actually, NM, appears to be a bug in the UI auto updater. I don't see any new version listed on the support page, and when I tell the RT-AC3200 to confirm update, I get hi-bit ASCII in the "progress bar" and it fails with "unable to connect to ASUS server to check for the update" (this is after manually clicking the "check update" and having it "confirm" that there is one and offer to download it, mind you). This has happened three times in succession, so I'm chalking this up to a QA fail and moving on with my life...

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!