What's new

[AC-3200] New Firmware - 5/15/2018

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AntonK

Very Senior Member
New firmware for the AC-3200

SUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50470
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighthttpd
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.

Upgraded Yesterday, Wifi 2.4G seems to work fine now.. (finally)

NOP. downgraded again, Wifi 2.4 keeps failing.

Last edited:
just took the plunge....so far, so good. Fingers crossed. No AiMesh, but am ok with that as long as they didn't break anything else.... :/

There's a newer one that just dropped this morning, FYI. Which I know because I've run half my tests on _50470, and now I'm seeing an update notification in the GUI... sigh.

Actually, NM, appears to be a bug in the UI auto updater. I don't see any new version listed on the support page, and when I tell the RT-AC3200 to confirm update, I get hi-bit ASCII in the "progress bar" and it fails with "unable to connect to ASUS server to check for the update" (this is after manually clicking the "check update" and having it "confirm" that there is one and offer to download it, mind you). This has happened three times in succession, so I'm chalking this up to a QA fail and moving on with my life...

just took the plunge....so far, so good. Fingers crossed. No AiMesh, but am ok with that as long as they didn't break anything else.... :/
Hoping you could provide an update on whether the new firmware is working properly for you. Has .50470 held up okay?

FYI, I had the same issue on 50470 where it shows a phantom upgrade and failed trying to upgrade to it. Since then, the update checker has been broken completely and didn't alert me to the newer 50624 release. I had to update manually by uploading the firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!