What's new

AC-3200 Random 2.4GHZ issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

V.Jay

New Around Here
Ok,

So I’m hoping someone can help me. I have an ASus AC-3200 with the latest Merlin firmware. I upgraded to this about three months ago from the stock Asus firmware and this random wifi issue went away but now it is back.

Randomly my devices start telling me the password is incorrect for the 2.4 GHZ wifi ssid. I have changed channels, turned off all the options every one suggests in the professional tab, reset the router to factory defaults and nothing fixes the issue. Anybody have any other suggestions? I live in a field, wifi analysis shows no noise issues. No overlapping channels. Nothing else in my house uses 2.4 ghz, signal strength is great. I’m stumped.

Ok,

So I’m hoping someone can help me. I have an ASus AC-3200 with the latest Merlin firmware. I upgraded to this about three months ago from the stock Asus firmware and this random wifi issue went away but now it is back.

Randomly my devices start telling me the password is incorrect for the 2.4 GHZ wifi ssid. I have changed channels, turned off all the options every one suggests in the professional tab, reset the router to factory defaults and nothing fixes the issue. Anybody have any other suggestions? I live in a field, wifi analysis shows no noise issues. No overlapping channels. Nothing else in my house uses 2.4 ghz, signal strength is great. I’m stumped.

Failing router/radio?

OE

I’m hedging my bets that it’s a hardware issue. Unfortunately this is only a few months old. I bought another brand to see if the issue is with the 2.4ghz wireless spectrum in my house or if it’s just a bad router. I’m installing the new one shortly. Will post an update later.

I’m hedging my bets that it’s a hardware issue. Unfortunately this is only a few months old. I bought another brand to see if the issue is with the 2.4ghz wireless spectrum in my house or if it’s just a bad router. I’m installing the new one shortly. Will post an update later.

Before retiring the suspect router, I would flash it again with the latest firmware, reset/initialize, and configure it minimally with different WLAN passwords... to give it a chance.

OE

Before retiring the suspect router, I would flash it again with the latest firmware, reset/initialize, and configure it minimally with different WLAN passwords... to give it a chance.

OE
I actually reflashed it yesterday but I never changed the SSID. I Have over 100 devices so even if that fixed it I’m not going through all that work. So far the new NetGear X10 is working flawlessly.

I actually reflashed it yesterday but I never changed the SSID. I Have over 100 devices so even if that fixed it I’m not going through all that work. So far the new NetGear X10 is working flawlessly.

Money can solve problems! :)

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!