What's new

[AC-86U] 5 GHz WLAN crash

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thedarkness

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am seeing a strange issue on my RT-AC86U running v384.18.
Very occasionally (about once a month) the 5Ghz WLAN crashes: devices which were connected get disconnected and can't connect to it anymore.
2.4 Ghz and all other router features keep working as expected, it's only the 5 Ghz WLAN that has trouble.

I am unable to reproduce the issue, it happens randomly but more or less periodically each month.

To resolve the issue I have to restart the router. I am attaching the syslog containing the issue and attempts.

What could be the problem?

Attachments

• syslog-edit.txt
    228.3 KB · Views: 129
Hi,

I am seeing a strange issue on my RT-AC86U running v384.18.
Very occasionally (about once a month) the 5Ghz WLAN crashes: devices which were connected get disconnected and can't connect to it anymore.
2.4 Ghz and all other router features keep working as expected, it's only the 5 Ghz WLAN that has trouble.

I am unable to reproduce the issue, it happens randomly but more or less periodically each month.

To resolve the issue I have to restart the router. I am attaching the syslog containing the issue and attempts.

What could be the problem?

I had the same or similar issue with the 5GHZ band on Saturday with the latest stock AC86U ASUS firmware. Globe icon(no internet) went up on the laptop and the router log was filling up with hundreds of the same wlceventd events every second. I just toggled the 5ghz band off then on and all was well again. It's the 1st time it's ever happened for me.

eg:

Aug 29 13:02:28 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth6: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

Hi,
I think we are seeing the same issue.

How did you toggle the the 5GHz band? I've done it today via the mobile app and works, but I can't find a way to do it from the Web Gui.

On ASUSWwrt firmware; it's : wireless, then 'professional' tab, then select the band from the drop-down box, then disable radio and apply.

There is also the hard button on the side of the router, but I think that one shuts both bands down. Probably easier but I didn't try that yet; maybe next time if it ever happens again.