What's new

AC-88U Dropouts - better solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paul Inventome

New Around Here
Running BT infinity (business broadband). First month with the AC-88U was fine, over the past few days it's dropping like crazy, 10 mins, a few hours. Stripped it back to basics, swapped the DSL cable and BT swear the line is okay outside. Previously i had a separate modem/router.

So really how do i troubleshoot this?

If i go back to a separate modem/router then what's the current best combination for BT Infinity?

I'd really appreciate advice, knowledge or links to where i can find out more!

thanks
Paul

Running BT infinity (business broadband). First month with the AC-88U was fine, over the past few days it's dropping like crazy, 10 mins, a few hours. Stripped it back to basics, swapped the DSL cable and BT swear the line is okay outside. Previously i had a separate modem/router.

So really how do i troubleshoot this?

If i go back to a separate modem/router then what's the current best combination for BT Infinity?

I'd really appreciate advice, knowledge or links to where i can find out more!

thanks
Paul
Need to ask what is dropping out, WIFI, internet connection or what? Did you replace the Ethernet cable between the modem and router? What firmware is running on the router?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Need to ask what is dropping out, WIFI, internet connection or what? Did you replace the Ethernet cable between the modem and router? What firmware is running on the router?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

It's the DSL connection that is dropping. The other side of the router is currently bare bones and i'm monitoring the routers web page. So the DSL link will drop and the VDSL next to it. The DSL will come back up and sometimes the VDSL, but if i reboot then both will come back up. I've swapped the DSL cable to the BT outlet to a shorter 3m one but whilst it appears there are less drop outs i don't have the data yet. (Yesterday would drop out every 10/15 mins, today it's more like an hour or more). Next step is to swap back in the BT Open world modem and connect the router to that. I *think* i can do that via the WAN Ethernet port. I haven't tried yet.

I'm utterly fed up with DSL issues, hence the 88 was a single box solution thinking that hey, it's all the same manufacturer, bound to work!

But if separate modem is the way to go... Was looking at the Zyxel SBG3000 but it might just be more of the same.

I had a TPLink prior to this, but that had endless issues (documented on their forums) and this 88 was pretty robust to start with. But i can't think what changed yesterday. And as i mentioned BT swear the line is okay...

cheers
Paul

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!