What's new

ac 9260 5Ghz vs 2.4 Ghz speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bezant

Occasional Visitor
I just got an intel ac 9260 card that I ordered off ebay. It arrived from China. I installed it, and then tested the speed using Netstress. An Asus AC68U router is one floor above the room behind me, so I figure there are a few walls for the signal to go through.

Here are the results:
2.4 Ghz connection: RSSI b/n 44 and 46. Nestress speed 3.89 MBps (SD +- 0.7).
5Ghz connection: RSSI b/n 50 and 58. Netstress speed 7.95 MBps (SD +- 0.65).

This replaced an intel ac 8265, which I gave to my father in law, and which had better results on the 5Ghz - about 15 MBps from the same location (from what I remember - can't test it now for the exact numbers).

Could someone from china ship me a fake network adapter card?

Did you uninstall the drivers for the old card?

Other than that, the 9260 is a relatively new device, so it doesn't have the time behind it for driver fixes and what not...

Did you uninstall the drivers for the old card?

Other than that, the 9260 is a relatively new device, so it doesn't have the time behind it for driver fixes and what not...

The two cards work off of the same drivers. However, I did uninstall and reinstall them just in case before i ran the tests. Hopefully you are right and we will see new drivers, otherwise I am inclined to buy the older card for $20.