What's new

AC router for an 80²m apartment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmn1

Hello guys,
A friend of mine asked me for help in picking a new router.
There is an 80 square meters flat made of concrete. There are many 2,4 GHz networks around, so we want to give it a try with something working in 5GHz AC. ISP is giving 300/20 Mbps connection via a DOCSIS network.
The 5GHz network would be used by a gaming PC, PS4 and work laptop. 2,4GHz would be for older and less meaning devices like phones/tablets/TV.
Personally I would choose ASUS RT-AC86U but this might be a bit to pricey. I've came upon a TP-Link AC2300 but now there is only V2 version. The clock and RAM are lower then in V1. All the reviews and tests that I've found online were made on V1 version so I'm not sure about its performance.
Can You help me out with this?
Any suggestions are welcome!

TP-Link A9 1900 AC? I found it to be faster then my Asus AC66u B1 and Netgear R6700 v3. Then again 80 square meters is not that big, even the A6 or A7 will work for you (both use the same SOC).