What's new

AC Router Recommendation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hamsteyr

New Around Here
Sup SNB-ers,

I need some advice on a router to get, but first a little idea on the setup. I live in a double storey house, and the main router is on the second floor. On the first floor I have 3 routers that I've set up as WDS Stations (all Qualcomm based), and they work fine, but they don't link with the router up top via WDS (TP-Link Archer C9, Broadcom based, I've set up the closest bottom router to connect via bridging, and the rest link to that via WDS).

I'm looking for a replacement for the Archer C9 that can seamlessly link my house together in a WDS Wireless mesh, and I've just gotten myself a TP-Link Archer AC2600, but it's so far extremely disappointing (Extremely unstable, lots of connection drops, shorter range than the C9, no idea why, and sometimes the wireless just has 0 internet).

Anyone got any suggestions or ideas as to how to do this?

Edit: Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, just realised. If mods could help me move it over, I'd be grateful :|

why would you need to upgrade when the AC1900 you use is already good.

I live in a 3 story house and use just 1 wifi AP to cover the entire house although its placed on the 3rd floor.

I dont think WDS is the way to go. wiring APs is better and if you cant you can make dedicated bridges so that the AP that is bridging isnt distributing wifi. You can also go with powerline as a way to wire them up too.

if you need another AP get another qualcomm based one thats similar. A lot of tests at SNB are done using 2 of the same wifi APs in bridge mode.

Yes just read in manual how to setup this Routers (TP-Link Archer C9) in AP or bridge mode.