What's new

AC-RT68U: allow certain clients to connect to certain IPs only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ithinkurdumb

New Around Here
I did some basic search but couldn't find this being discussed before, so forgive me if has.

I have several Wi-Fi cameras that are connected to a D-Link router. The D-Link router is set to allow the cameras (determined by their IPs) to only connect to a certain IP address (an NVR server on the Internet). I set it this way to prevent the cameras from sending images/telemetry to somewhere else.

The D-Link router is getting old and I want to replace it with an AC-RT68U I have in spare. However, I couldn't find corresponding settings on the RT68U. The closest I found was Firewall\Network Services Filter, which can achieve this using the white list mode. However, it would also prevent other clients on the router from accessing the Internet.

Did I miss something?

I would use blacklist mode, set the source IP to be your IP Cam, and leave the remote IP empty. In theory it should block all their Internet access (this is untested tho).

But would I be able to allow the cameras to connect to a single Internet IP? Anyway, I will give it a try and report back.

Just realized that you are the RMerlin. Excited to see you replying my thread ;)