What's new

AC1900 Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GeorgeVes

New Around Here
Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum and I hope more will come :D

My question is this - I am curently rocking a Linksys EA4500 router. I've decided to upgrade my connection to an AC1900. Now I've chosen my Wireless card - the Asus PCE-AC68. What router should I buy to go with that card - the RT-AC68U or the R7000 ? Which one will give me more stable speeds and further reach ? :)

Best regards

My question is this - I am curently rocking a Linksys EA4500 router. I've decided to upgrade my connection to an AC1900. Now I've chosen my Wireless card - the Asus PCE-AC68. What router should I buy to go with that card - the RT-AC68U or the R7000 ? Which one will give me more stable speeds and further reach ? :)

Best regards

Best to check out the review on the home page of smallnetbuilder.com

I checked that review and it states that the Netgear router is better. But a guy here(sorry can't remember your name) showed he couldn't connect to the 2.4 GHz using a R7000/PCE-AC68 combo. Also I found a lot of negativity towards Netgear on this forum - that they don't provide good software and that each new software introduces new bugs. So... Which one should I buy?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I checked that review and it states that the Netgear router is better. But a guy here(sorry can't remember your name) showed he couldn't connect to the 2.4 GHz using a R7000/PCE-AC68 combo. Also I found a lot of negativity towards Netgear on this forum - that they don't provide good software and that each new software introduces new bugs. So... Which one should I buy?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I am one of those "disenchanted" Netgear users. My main complaint is their quick-to-drop support for previous routers. You will also find others who complain about other vendors like Asus. Only you can determine what is best.

Best regards

i can only tell you my experience with net gear product after own three from them and the latest is R6250. I bought it when it first launch and i have to wait for months for them to correct the firmware because i get constant internet drop from the router, after they fixed that, i didn't see anything else from them so far and my router still slow over time have to reboot it to get the performance back, and today i just download the open source ddwrt firmware release over "open my router" and saw that my cpu only running at 600mhz out of 800mhz advertised, also buggy as hell can't use it smoothly.

I would go with the Asus, they will get their firmware sorted out soon and given they share model numbers it seems like they would have to play well together; at least after a little time for Asus/Broadcom to sort out any firmware or driver issues.