What's new

AC1900 to RT-AC68U latest 384.19 not showing clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LayneStaley

New Around Here
I did a lot of searching and at one point found some information here and in other forums yet can't see to "re-find" it so I'm asking for help.
Now I found this thread and don't really understand it nor do I think it pertains to my issue as I converted my T Mobile branded AC1900 years ago yet I think the conversion may be causing current issues so that's why I noted it.

My issues
I recently upgraded to the 384.19 AC68U firmware from 380.63_2 without any major issues.
I reset the router/firmware and reconfigured from scratch yet I still can't see any clients in the Network Map tab.
I also can't see any clients in the Adaptive QoS GUI.
Everything shows up fine in the System Log > Wireless Log...
Is there a latest firmware that has a known working QoS GUI that I should use or can I somehow recover the GUI in current firmware...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I did a lot of searching and at one point found some information here and in other forums yet can't see to "re-find" it so I'm asking for help.
Now I found this thread and don't really understand it nor do I think it pertains to my issue as I converted my T Mobile branded AC1900 years ago yet I think the conversion may be causing current issues so that's why I noted it.

My issues
I recently upgraded to the 384.19 AC68U firmware from 380.63_2 without any major issues.
I reset the router/firmware and reconfigured from scratch yet I still can't see any clients in the Network Map tab.
I also can't see any clients in the Adaptive QoS GUI.
Everything shows up fine in the System Log > Wireless Log...
Is there a latest firmware that has a known working QoS GUI that I should use or can I somehow recover the GUI in current firmware...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

That thread means your converted AC1900 should not be discussed here.

OE

I appreciate you guys pointing that out... I will look elsewhere for answers.
Sucks this is gonna be more painful than I expected....
Thanks.

Discussion of how to convert the TM router is not allowed in the forums. However, requests for help with an already converted router are allowed. You may not find much help, however.

Discussion of how to convert the TM router is not allowed in the forums. However, requests for help with an already converted router are allowed. You may not find much help, however.

Thanks for the clarification.
I have found multiple other sources to get the help I need. It will just take a bit longer. Thanks again.

Serioulsy??

Sorry Mr.Higgins but this has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen written here at SNB.!

How can it be okay to discuss problems with running Merlin's software illegally on a TM1900 but at the same time be verbotten/tabboo/unacceptable to discuss converting a TM1900 to use Merlin???

It is a complete nonsense and flies in the face of all reason.

Merlin himself states in his sticky post :

"Since people can't read existing forum posts, the FAQ, or the Supported Device list...

That model is NOT supported. It never was, and it's even less supported since Asus is now enforcing stricter model validation on the RT-AC68U series at flash time. It doesn't matter whether you converted it, hacked it, repainted it, or whatever. Stop asking on the forums for help flashing your RT-AC68U when you actually have a TM-AC1900 - it's NOT supported, period. "

@AndreiV You're conflating two different things. One is what Tim allows to be discussed in his forums, the other is what support RMerlin offers for his firmware. Two different people, two different policies. Yes there is often an overlap so that's why Tim said "You may not find much help, however."

@AndreiV You're conflating two different things. One is what Tim allows to be discussed in his forums, the other is what support RMerlin offers for his firmware. Two different people, two different policies. Yes there is often an overlap so that's why Tim said "You may not find much help, however."

I didn't realize you were Tim Higgins.

I am not conflating anything , use a bit of common sense and rethink the situation , all I see are double standards being applied.

Why do you think so many of the biggest long time contributors are walking away from this site?

Thankfully there is an ignore button.;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!