What's new

AC3100 Frequent restart + Rogers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

everydaydealer

New Around Here
Hi All, I live in town home and its 3 level. Instead of keeping my modem and router in living room or some other place in home, i decided to keep it in Garage.

Home is hardwired with Ethernet to different rooms and my desktop uses direct Ethernet. So no speed issues.

My problem is... my cable company (rogers) gave modem + router (Hitron CODA-4582) and its wifi range is pretty limited from Garage. So i decided to turn off wifi (both bands) in the modem wifi combo and installed AC3100 from LAN port of modem.

Range is pretty good but for some reason wifi turns off frequently and its turns back on. I dont know whats going on. I even exchanged it with new one.

On the other hand my other router RT-AC68U works fine. Something is off with AC3100. I tried with 2 SSID for 2.4 and 5 g and also used smart connect rules (band steering) still didnt help.

Any idea what might be causing this ?

Hi All, I live in town home and its 3 level. Instead of keeping my modem and router in living room or some other place in home, i decided to keep it in Garage.

Home is hardwired with Ethernet to different rooms and my desktop uses direct Ethernet. So no speed issues.

My problem is... my cable company (rogers) gave modem + router (Hitron CODA-4582) and its wifi range is pretty limited from Garage. So i decided to turn off wifi (both bands) in the modem wifi combo and installed AC3100 from LAN port of modem.

Range is pretty good but for some reason wifi turns off frequently and its turns back on. I dont know whats going on. I even exchanged it with new one.

On the other hand my other router RT-AC68U works fine. Something is off with AC3100. I tried with 2 SSID for 2.4 and 5 g and also used smart connect rules (band steering) still didnt help.

Any idea what might be causing this ?

So, you have two Asus routers wired as APs to the site/ISP router?

The AC3100 restarts/reboots or its WiFi turns off or what exactly is it doing?

OE

So, you have two Asus routers wired as APs to the site/ISP router?

The AC3100 restarts/reboots or its WiFi turns off or what exactly is it doing?

OE

No. i use only one router at a time. AC3100 is obviously better but since its frequently restarts i resorted to other one.

It just stops without wifi. I dont know if its restarts or just wifi is turning off. my phone and other wifi devices wont have internet. I initially thought if its modem issue but my other router works fine.

Is there a log or something i can look at ?

@everydaydealer, normally the RT-AC3100 is very, very stable. The customers with the RT-AC3100 are usually the ones I hear the least from (for issues, etc.). :)

I would suggest doing a full reset to defaults to get the router back to a good/known state. The link below has more details and the link in my signature below has more. :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326
Thanks. I did reset and now running after 15 min restart. I will monitor.

I have all my smart switches configured to old SSID. Can i change it back to old one after testing for an hour ?