What's new

Ac3100 garage door wifi opener issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Telliott

New Around Here
I've been running the merlin firmware for years on this router. (Ac3100) A few months ago my chamberlain wifi garage door opener lost the connection out of no where. I cannot get it to connect to the router. I was on the phone with chamberlain for an hour trouble shooting. They are blaming it on 3rd party software on router. All my other home automation devices work fine on my network.

Everything is up to date with
RT-AC3100386.5_2

I tested it with a verizon Hotspot to the garage door opener and it worked. So it's either a setting or compatibility issue with router firmware.

Has anyone experienced this or have any input. I haven't tried reseting router to factory firmware. Haven't researched how to do that yet.

I've been running the merlin firmware for years on this router. (Ac3100) A few months ago my chamberlain wifi garage door opener lost the connection out of no where. I cannot get it to connect to the router. I was on the phone with chamberlain for an hour trouble shooting. They are blaming it on 3rd party software on router. All my other home automation devices work fine on my network.

Everything is up to date with
RT-AC3100386.5_2

I tested it with a verizon Hotspot to the garage door opener and it worked. So it's either a setting or compatibility issue with router firmware.

Has anyone experienced this or have any input. I haven't tried reseting router to factory firmware. Haven't researched how to do that yet.
My first thought was that WPA3 is to blame. But the AC3100 does not have WPA3.
Next - if you are using the same SSID for both bands that could be it. I have my garage door operner, and other IOT devices, on a 2.4 GHz guest WIFI with WPA2-Peronal and a simple passphrase.

My first thought was that WPA3 is to blame. But the AC3100 does not have WPA3.
Next - if you are using the same SSID for both bands that could be it. I have my garage door operner, and other IOT devices, on a 2.4 GHz guest WIFI with WPA2-Peronal and a simple passphrase.
It worked! Thanks. I opened up a guest network and connected it. I have the same settings for my 2.4 and 5 ghz so it still puzzles me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!