What's new

ac3100 mesh node 5Ghz missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Island

Regular Contributor
Greetings and happy New Year all! Just a quick question and some help if possible. My Mesh network is running fine. Using 4 Asus routers in my 2 story 3900SF home. AX86u as main and another AX86u, AC86u and my 3100. Current Asus firmware is up to date. I noticed this morning that when I go into the Asus Web GUI, everything looks fine, except when I go into the 3100 mesh management. All my devices are ethernet connected. The 3100 shows connected via ethernet but under wireless, the 5 Ghz channel is missing.

Also, when I go to the enable radio tab, 2.4 Ghz is the only one listed. I know the 5GHz is working, as the 5Ghz activity lights are flashing on the 3100 and when I look at connected devices, I see a few of my devices connected to it via 5 Ghz. Is this a bug? The router had been connected previously via wireless mesh using the 5 Ghz channel for it's uplink. I was able to move it to another location so I could connect it via ethernet which it shows now as it's uplink. I would assume this is a bug and removing it as a node and resetting it and then adding again would be the best course of action to take? Thanks all!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!