What's new

AC3100 Primary WAN Assigned show: "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elrengo

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone, I need your help and your knowlodge. I've Cablemodem for my Internet connection. The modem will be use as WiFi Router and as Modem (bridge). In my case is configure as Modem or Bridge to use my router. I've two Asus routers:
AC3100 and RT-AC66U_B1. The AC3100 is used as main router (aimesh) with Merlin Firmware with the AC66U_B1 is configured as aimesh node using ethernet cable connection with stock firmware.
The solution works fine for many years. Yesterday my AC3100 have not Internet connection. I do everything in my mind:

1. Restart the router
  2. Restore default configuration
  3. Using a MAC Clone of my computer with out restart cablemodem
  4. Upgrade last stable Merlin Firmware (384.14_2)
  5. Restore default configuration again.
  6. Using a MAC Clone of my computer with out restart cablemodem
  7. Change the Ethernet cable that connect router with Cablemodem (allway have link (green led on cablemodem)) but I would like to try.
If I connect a computer directly to Modem the computer has internet connection. (reseting the cablemodem every time that the device connected is changed). After that my next test will be use the other router (AC66U_B1) as main router to know if my ISP will be disable the routers connection, here in Argentina some ISP do that. The test had a positive result with Internet connection with AC66U_B1 after that take the opportunity and upgrade the AC66U_B1 firmware to last stock firmware: 3.0.0.4.385_10000-gd8ccd3c and test that works fine.

After that the AC3100 show white led with wan connection but I can navigate in Internet after some reset the led return to red and the message on Asus configuration website with "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly". After that reconfigure the aimesh setting and both router works together again but with no Internet.
After try all the configuretion proposed in this topic with no Internet Connection:
  • IPv6 allways will be disable
  • Change the following WAN setting but not work
    • "DHCP query frequency" -> "Normal"
    • "Extend the TTL value" -> "Yes"
    • "Spoof LAN TTL value" -> "Yes"
After that try with my last change use the dual wan settings. I restart the cablemoden to reset mac address setting with different port and the Router works with internet. The connection will be restablished. After I try with WAN Configuration TAB: WAN Index--> WAN Type: Ethernet LAN & WAN but noone works.

My last test to discard hardware issues. The router configuration allow to swith what will be the primary WAN port: WAN or the LAN port defined to use.

When the WAN port is Primary:
  • Using WAN port to WAN the message is: "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly".
  • Using the LAN port as secondary WAN will be connected to Internet.
When the LAN port is Primary:
  • Usin LAN port to WAN the message is: "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly".
  • Using WAN port as secondary WAN will be connected to Internet.
The hardware is working. Some configuration that I don´t found is not allowing the WAN primary configuration take DHCP to obtain IP.
I do not know what else to test.

My last test to discard hardware issues. The router configuration allow to swith what will be the primary WAN port: WAN or the LAN port defined to use.

When the WAN port is Primary:
  • Using WAN port to WAN the message is: "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly".
  • Using the LAN port as secondary WAN will be connected to Internet.
When the LAN port is Primary:
  • Usin LAN port to WAN the message is: "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly".
  • Using WAN port as secondary WAN will be connected to Internet.
The hardware is working. Some configuration that I don´t found is not allowing the WAN primary configuration take DHCP to obtain IP.
I do not know what else to test.

Have you Googled "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly"?

OE

Have you Googled "Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly"?

OE

Is not required, after all my test I can affirm that the issue is in my AC3100 router. Remember, in my previus step I will try with my other Asus Router: AC66U_B1 and will be connected and if I change the configuration in my AC3100 to dual WAN configuration the issue is with primary indistinct WAN port (WAN / LAN) are select to conect with the cablemodem router.

Is not required, after all my test I can affirm that the issue is in my AC3100 router. Remember, in my previus step I will try with my other Asus Router: AC66U_B1 and will be connected and if I change the configuration in my AC3100 to dual WAN configuration the issue is with primary indistinct WAN port (WAN / LAN) are select to conect with the cablemodem router.

Sounds like you got it figured out.

OE

Someone know how yo resolve the issue? I can find the solution?
I Googled my iso but is not the issue.

ISP. The issue is primary wan port is jot working, no depends of the ethernet/wan port assigned.

The erros show is similar to show when exists issues with ISP. In my case the ISP works fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!