What's new

AC3200 and 1GB Virgin issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jetcorose

New Around Here
Hi all,

Been running my asus ac3200 for 2years now on Virgins 350mb fibre, this fook some setting up but eventually on wifi through the 5ghz channels, I always hit 330-350 do with an upload of 20 ( this is what I expected )

I have recently updated the firmware to the latest release. But I have also had a new Hub4 and 1gb fibre package from virgin.

My issue is , using an ethernet I range from 900-940dl with an ultra of 48-50

But still over wifi , I am only reaching around my previous speeds of 350-420

QOS is turned off as that caused issues before. Just wondered if someone had a play with the settings to increase speeds, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the lingo in this UI and only know the basics, any help would be much appreciated.

Hi all,

Been running my asus ac3200 for 2years now on Virgins 350mb fibre, this fook some setting up but eventually on wifi through the 5ghz channels, I always hit 330-350 do with an upload of 20 ( this is what I expected )

I have recently updated the firmware to the latest release. But I have also had a new Hub4 and 1gb fibre package from virgin.

My issue is , using an ethernet I range from 900-940dl with an ultra of 48-50

But still over wifi , I am only reaching around my previous speeds of 350-420

QOS is turned off as that caused issues before. Just wondered if someone had a play with the settings to increase speeds, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the lingo in this UI and only know the basics, any help would be much appreciated.
Try to enable NAT-acceleration if it is not already (in web gui: LAN/Switch Contol)

Maybe that's the maximum speed your WiFi client is capable of. What are the spec's of your WiFi adapter?

Not sure tbh mate as testing wifi over a samsung s10+ and a new tab s6 , there's an increase (before update and 1GB upgrade) of about 70 (-/+5) mb dl

Looking at this thread it seems like the S10+ has two antennas. Combined with your AC router operating with 80 MHz bandwidth the highest link speed possible is 866 Mbps. That's the same as my laptop and the highest throughput I've ever seen is 560 Mbps. That was done across my LAN at short distance under ideal conditions. So your 420 Mbps download using a mobile device seems reasonable.