1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC3200 and 1GB Virgin issues.

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Jetcorose, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Jetcorose

Jetcorose New Around Here

Hi all,

Been running my asus ac3200 for 2years now on Virgins 350mb fibre, this fook some setting up but eventually on wifi through the 5ghz channels, I always hit 330-350 do with an upload of 20 ( this is what I expected )

I have recently updated the firmware to the latest release. But I have also had a new Hub4 and 1gb fibre package from virgin.

My issue is , using an ethernet I range from 900-940dl with an ultra of 48-50

But still over wifi , I am only reaching around my previous speeds of 350-420

QOS is turned off as that caused issues before. Just wondered if someone had a play with the settings to increase speeds, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the lingo in this UI and only know the basics, any help would be much appreciated.

2. Zastoff

Zastoff Senior Member

Try to enable NAT-acceleration if it is not already (in web gui: LAN/Switch Contol)

3. Jetcorose

Yeah it's on , well it's set to auto, other option is disable

4. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Maybe that's the maximum speed your WiFi client is capable of. What are the spec's of your WiFi adapter?

5. Jetcorose

Not sure tbh mate as testing wifi over a samsung s10+ and a new tab s6 , there's an increase (before update and 1GB upgrade) of about 70 (-/+5) mb dl

6. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Looking at this thread it seems like the S10+ has two antennas. Combined with your AC router operating with 80 MHz bandwidth the highest link speed possible is 866 Mbps. That's the same as my laptop and the highest throughput I've ever seen is 560 Mbps. That was done across my LAN at short distance under ideal conditions. So your 420 Mbps download using a mobile device seems reasonable.