What's new

AC5300 owners who upgraded to GT-AC5300, Are you satisfied with the upgrade?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fearz

Hi,

I Already posted this on Merlin sub forum specially for people who are addicted to Merlin firmware as I am, but still, people who don't use Merlin firmware, do you regret or satisfied with the upgrade?

But i'm in a situation where I can get the GT for a very good bargain price as a replacement for my AC5300.

Yes, i'll be losing Merlin Firmware for now and WISHING that someday he will support it.

But who upgraded, do you regret it? are there any big flaws in it as i'm reading from many like about the wireless 5GHz losing or dropping connectivity?

Is it really worth the upgrade? if yes, what difference are you noticing? I also read the iOS app is only available locally for the GT not from outside the network, is that true?

Does it has VPN policy based rules like Merlin? (have specific devices go through VPN and others through normal internet connection?)

What about the new interface as it's totally different? is it any better?

Please don't cross post...

You do have the option to delete this thread...

Please don't cross post...

You do have the option to delete this thread...

I dont think i am, its 2 different subs, some people have upgraded and dont care about merlin firmware, so i want to hear from both types of users..

If you still feel it doesnt make sense..delete it

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!