1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC5300 owners who upgraded to GT-AC5300, Are you satisfied with the upgrade?

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by fearz, Jun 9, 2018.

1. fearz

fearz Regular Contributor

Hi,

I Already posted this on Merlin sub forum specially for people who are addicted to Merlin firmware as I am, but still, people who don't use Merlin firmware, do you regret or satisfied with the upgrade?

But i'm in a situation where I can get the GT for a very good bargain price as a replacement for my AC5300.

Yes, i'll be losing Merlin Firmware for now and WISHING that someday he will support it.

But who upgraded, do you regret it? are there any big flaws in it as i'm reading from many like about the wireless 5GHz losing or dropping connectivity?

Is it really worth the upgrade? if yes, what difference are you noticing? I also read the iOS app is only available locally for the GT not from outside the network, is that true?

Does it has VPN policy based rules like Merlin? (have specific devices go through VPN and others through normal internet connection?)

What about the new interface as it's totally different? is it any better?

2. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

Please don't cross post...

You do have the option to delete this thread...

3. fearz

fearz Regular Contributor

I dont think i am, its 2 different subs, some people have upgraded and dont care about merlin firmware, so i want to hear from both types of users..

If you still feel it doesnt make sense..delete it