What's new

AC5300 Updated Merlin to latest version slowed internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dmlvols

New Around Here
I have an Asus AC5300 and it has worked great for years. Today I updated Merlin firmware to version 386.3.2 Immediately after update was complete I checked and my internet speed has slowed to about 300 Mbps. I was getting 930 Mbps before the update. I've checked QOS is all disabled, and can't seem to find out why it is being limited. I checked the speed immediately before I upgraded ( 930 Mbps) and once the upgrade was complete (300 Mbps). This has done this multiple times. I reinstall the older version it goes back to normal. It slows with all versions after 384.5.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To clarify this is measured speed from computer connected with ethernet cable to router. Wi-fi speeds are slowed slightly also.

To clarify this is measured speed from computer connected with ethernet cable to router. Wi-fi speeds are slowed slightly also.
The problem is you are moving from one code base (384 to 386) and not doing a factory reset and then MANUALLY configuring the parameters back in. (You cant reload a .cfg file).. Also there is a MTU setting you need to check .. Wan Settings. WAN MTU.. make sure its set to 1500 after you have done that WPS reset.
If you check the read me file that's included in the zip file you downloaded, you will see that in some cases, its not necessary to factory reset but in your case across code bases and the fact its more than 3 versions newer, you do need to do that factory reset

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!