What's new

AC56R Media Bridge troubles

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redsandvb

Occasional Visitor
Hello-

Have an AC56R that I'm trying to use in Media Bridge mode on 5GHz (too much interference on 2.4 in my area) that randomly loses wifi connection with the main router (AC68P with a shibby build of Tomato) and/or reboots itself. This is with Merlin 384.4_2 and Merlin LTS fork V32E4.

When the bridge loses wifi connectivity I try to ping (from a pc plugged in to the bridge) the main router and am unsuccessful as expected, but I am able to login to the bridge and reboot it.
It drops its connection like this randomly, sometimes fixing itself without rebooting, sometimes rebooting on its own. Sometimes it's up for 5 or 6 days before it reboots by itself, sometimes it'll reboot twice on the same day, etc.

2.4GHz radio is turned off. I tried turning off CTF, it seems to have lessened the problem but it still happens. I don't know why but I had to change the router back to wireless router mode in order to see that setting (and some others).

Anyway, what else should I be looking at to solve this?

Thanks!

BTW, I have an N66U (with Tomato) that I'm using as a bridge that's working without issue, but I'd like to replace it with this AC56R with Merlin or the Merlin LTS fork because of the KRACK fixes.

Last edited: