What's new

AC56U clears OpenVPN Policy Routing when I upload new config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MRizkBV

Occasional Visitor
Since I updated to 384+ and the router will delete all custom configs when I upload a new .ovpn file. This never used to be the case on 380.

Working as intended, and probably always worked that way as well.

Working as intended, and probably always worked that way as well.

But this is never the case for me on any of the 360.x softwares. I can change the servers by uploading new .ovpn multiple times a day and it never resets the policy routing table or even the client name.

This matters a lot to me because I have a ton of policy routing entries (around 250) and retyping them all just because the DPI where I live blacklisted an IP is a huge hassle. This is why I had to roll back to the 360.x but I am not sure what I'll do when I upgrade to the new RT-AX88U soon :/

But this is never the case for me on any of the 360.x softwares. I can change the servers by uploading new .ovpn multiple times a day and it never resets the policy routing table or even the client name.

If it didn't then it was a bug that was fixed at one point. An ovpn upload will always do a reset to default settings to ensure that settings are in a known state.

There is no practical reason for someone to need to reupload an entire ovpn configuration "multiple times a day". You even have five different clients to configure with different settings if needed.