1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC66U-B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_32738

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Ken Atkinson, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Ken Atkinson

Ken Atkinson Regular Contributor

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_32738
    - Release Note -

AiMesh new features:
    - Supported creating mesh system with new router, BlueCave.
    - Added Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless.
    You can add devices into block list and this device will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes.
    - Supported ethernet onboarding. User can use ethernet cable.
    You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system.

Security fixes:
    - Fixed Reflected XSS vulnerability.
    - Fixed CSRF vulnerability.
    - Fixed command injection vulnerability.
    - Fixed stack buffer overflow vulnerability.
    Thanks for Rick Ramgattie contribution.

Bug fixed and Enhancements:
    - Fixed USB hard drive over 2TB compatibility issues.
    - Fixed Samba/FTP folder permission issues.
    - Added USB3.0/2.0 mode switch setting in Administration --> System --> USB Settings.

Grisu and maxbraketorque like this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

Thanks, running well so far on my 68U, device list seems to be more stable now.

4. KnowsMuch

KnowsMuch Occasional Visitor

This sounds promising. Where do I get a copy?

5. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    HowIFix and KnowsMuch like this.
  6. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

Still no SMB2.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

7. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Occasional Visitor

does it still appear to be a 68U in the setup?

8. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

sure, as I said, they are all bit-ident, only different names, you could name it 123.trx as well for upload, absolutely of no relevance.

HowIFix likes this.
  9. Squall Leonhart

Yep, and the asus site now has this for the ac68u

10. Gitsum

Gitsum Regular Contributor

Hopefully the rest of the AiMesh routers will receive update soon.

11. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Regular Contributor

About roaming block list, what happen if the device connect to a weak signal AP first? I think the roaming block list will be more useful if we can lock down which AP the device can connect to.

12. Squall Leonhart

soon

13. bacon612

bacon612 New Around Here

Agreed. You should be able to select the device Mac addresses and assign it to a specific node. This would help a few of my clients connect to specific nodes that get a great signal, use MuMiMo (as only my main router supports it) and load balance the network a little. This would be especially useful for clients that stay in one spot and do not physically move around the network.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

14. Stephen Harrington

Stephen Harrington Regular Contributor

Pretty much what many of us have been asking for since the early days of the AIMesh beta releases, so either Asus just don’t “get it” or they can’t or don’t want to do it?

15. arthurlien

arthurlien Very Senior Member

Why device connect to a "week signal" AP first? When you locked down, your specified device can't connect to other AP anymore.

16. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

Because you come home and first floor node got better outdoor coverage and so you're locked to this while you only stay downstairs where you want to be connected all the time!

I see really no need for disabling roaming but a large need for locking devices to a defined nodes,
    mostly for stationary devices.

Or more simple case, you are in the kitchen connected to 2G, turn on microwave ofen and loose connection but still see weak first floor router 5G, so you are locked to the other node no chance to go back.

17. arthurlien

For the microwave case, how do you think to disable the 2G service? BTW, it's a simple case study.

For the locked device with specific nodes, the device can't connect with other nodes (none specific nodes), correct?
    If the specific nodes crashed, the device can't connect anymore. Correct?

18. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

2G is needed for coverage, so usually needed all the time.
    And as each band is limited to an amount of clients we need it to put them on different channels.

Yes would be correct, then one or the other wont have connection anymore, but the rest still working well.
    If they would roam to the other node this will crash because too many clients want to connect.

This are advanced features of course and not standard implementation of Aimesh!

How would you describe the usage of the new feature to disable roaming?
    What are the benefits of it?
    In which case and how would you use it?

19. arthurlien

I think this is roaming case with load balance.

Client Device can handle his wifi connectivity without AiMesh roaming control.

20. igotthis1

igotthis1 New Around Here

WiFi calling with AiMesh in your home makes WiFi calling unusable because the call drops when the device switches access points. I changed all my ASUS devices back to repeaters with separate SSID's just to resolve this WiFi calling issue. In theory, now that I can isolate our cell phones to our primary main floor access point this should resolve the dropped call issue. The only problem this doesn't fix is now the phones won't connect to my basement access point to have great coverage behind my house at our pool. So it fixes one issue and introduces a new one. I'm thinking I may just leave my configuration the way it is, keeping the family happy at the moment.

21. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

iOS?

OE

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!