What's new

AC66U B1 JFFS unmounted problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Snipzy

Occasional Visitor
So today i installed the newer version of merlin for the ac66u b1 .
wich is the same as the ac68u,
before this happened, when i bought this router near by the end of march i upgrade to merlin cause some troubles that merlin fixed.
but in july i changed to stock upgrading everytime cause of pandemic,
so today 1st of december i upgraded again to merlin and first of all it told me i was running on low jffs space wich i checked it and it even wasn't mounted so i checked a lot of posts before and i tried everything
(following next steps, go back to stock, factory reset, power cycle off, upgrade, factory reset, power cycle off, putting enable and format jffs when reboot and it didn't work)
so i checked du /jffs on putty and it says 0 also when i try to install something (flexqos new QoS) it tells me that /jffs/addons it resides in a read only file system any help pls i didn't sleep this night sorry for the images i paste them in paint
JFFS 2.png
JFFS.png
JFFS 3.png

Last edited:
You may have to format the /jffs. It is a common problem with the AC86U and I've seen the same problem with the AC68U and AC66U_B1. Easily fixed.

He said he tried that and it didn't work.
sorry i just cameback from trying hard reset so the link you shared. didn't work cause the power led didn't stop flashing sooo i came to chrome and put my ip and it appeared the AsusTek webgui so i cleared NVRAm there but when i tried to upload the stock firmware (in the webgui) it stopped loading... so i also tried with the recovery app from asus and it "transfer cancelled" me so i think it's something wrong with the router

So i already have a solution... and it's a user problem.
I think this applies for those with this problem.
I installed DD WRT, without setting it up
Then i mounted jffs, reboot.
Shutting down the router, clear nvram with the wps button,
and install the merlin firmware by the ASUSTEK via.
and there you go the jffs is mounted and the warning wasn't there.
I think if you hit " Format JFFS partition at next boot " after this steps it will cause the problem again, even though i haven't tested it yet

When i said it's a user problem. it's that the firmware it's not the problem.
Also i installed dd wrt before installing merlin and i think that was the main problem

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!