What's new

AC66U Enable Wifi on 2.4Ghz in Media Bridge Mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lowe.james

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a Virgin Media Superhub 3 configured as a router in my living room (where cable comes into my house) and an AC66U (latest Merlin 380.68_4 firmware) upstairs in my office configured in Media Bridge Mode to service my desktop and laptop docking station. The AC66U is connected to the Superhub on 5Ghz (works great at around 900Mbps link rate). I have a wifi speaker that at only has a 2.4Ghz radio I would like to use upstairs as well but the Superhub's wifi range is somewhat lacking and causes the speaker to drop out frequently. So, I would like use my AC66U's 2.4Ghz radio to connect my speaker to.

So my first question is, can I connect devices to my AC66U on 2.4Ghz when it is in Media Bridge Mode on 5Ghz as described above? (From digging through my AC66U's settings pages and some light Googling, the answer seems to be "No, but you used to be able to".)

And my second question is, if you used to be able to do this but can't now, does anyone know if this is a bug that can or will be fixed in upcoming Merlin or Asus firmware versions?

Thanks,
James