What's new

AC66U in Media bridge mode becomes unavailable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jorgensen

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have a problem with a router which becomes unavailable on my network, sometimes 30 minutes after a reboot and other times several days after a reboot.

My setup:
Main router (AC68U - operation mode: Wireless route)
AI Mesh Node (AC66U B1 - operation mode: AI Mesh Node - 1GBps wired backhaul)
Media bridge (AC66U B1 - operation mode: Media bridge)
FW: AsusWrt-Merlin 386.2_4 (the problem was also present on all FW from the last 12 months)

It is the Media bridge which becomes unavailable. I can't ping it or the devices connected to it. I've just checked the syslog from the main router, unfortunately it was filled with ACCEPT connection logs. I have now disabled logging of ACCEPT connections for future debugging.
The syslog of the Media bridge is full of "May 9 07:36:34 reboot_scheduler: [timecheck] NTP sync error" and some logging after I just rebooted it. Notice the date is off, today is the 5th of May, and after logging into the Media bridge, I see that that the year is actually 2018.

Any ideas how to debug the issue? Other than wait till next time it happens, and hope the logs are not flooded with ACCEPT connections. Also, I'll see if I can get the Media bridge time sync'ed.

BR,
Jorgensen

I do not understood why 2nd AC66U_B1 you have setup as media bridge? You can have both AC66U_B1 setup as AiMesh node. AiMesh node can be connected via wi-fi or cable.

I do not understood why 2nd AC66U_B1 you have setup as media bridge? You can have both AC66U_B1 setup as AiMesh node. AiMesh node can be connected via wi-fi or cable.
It is so long since I configured my network, so I actually forgot why I choose media bridge... :) However, I just tried to configure it as a AiMesh node, however the newly added AiMesh keeps being in disconnected state.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!