What's new

AC66U_B1, 384.12, Webinterface problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redbird71

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

384.12 worked fine on my AC66U_B1 in the beginning but I tried to do some changes in QoS and the Webinterface became severely unaccessable. Giving it a long time and reloading the main page serveral times it happen to start working so I reflashed 384.12 but the problem stayed. So I tried the same again - waiting - reloading - waiting - reloading and it started to work again so I flashed 384.11_2 and now it seams to be back to normal. I know the common advice is to reset to factory and flash the FW than, reconfiguring everything afterwards manually without reloading previous config files, but I don't dare to do that as I have quite a complicated config with several guest networks, MAC filtering for 20+ devices on diferent networks, QoS, VPN's so I really, really, really would rather not start to do it all over again.

Anybody experiencing similar issues? Any thoughts?

some had luck with saving config on previous firmware, upgrade, factory reset with initialize, restart and load saved config.
If it doesnt work you still can load old firmware and reload config.

Per chance did you check the memory used? I have a couple of AC68U's that I schedule a weekly restart as the RAM use climbs a couple per cent a day. Did this on 384.11_2 as well. My AC66U_B1 does not have any issues...

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

On my AC86U I can tell that I recognized a slower web interface too - I recently changed from stock to Merlin back with full reset and manual yonfig - yes, the famous L&LD nuke reset. It is with various browsers as well as devices - so no cache problem. will see if a downgrade to 11_2 and back to 12 may cause a change ...

some had luck with saving config on previous firmware, upgrade, factory reset with initialize, restart and load saved config.
If it doesnt work you still can load old firmware and reload config.

Thanks. Surely gonna give it a try.

Per chance did you check the memory used? I have a couple of AC68U's that I schedule a weekly restart as the RAM use climbs a couple per cent a day. Did this on 384.11_2 as well. My AC66U_B1 does not have any issues...

Sorry. Didn't check. I usually just take a quick glimps at the general page. If RAM was critical I suspect I would have noticed. Than again - did not check.

On my AC86U I can tell that I recognized a slower web interface too - I recently changed from stock to Merlin back with full reset and manual yonfig - yes, the famous L&LD nuke reset. It is with various browsers as well as devices - so no cache problem. will see if a downgrade to 11_2 and back to 12 may cause a change ...

I don't know if slow means the same for you as it means for me. I was talking about several MINUTES waiting before anything would happen. I googled "L&LD nuke reset" it didn't find anything. Would you have any link to some instructions about how it is done?

Thanks to all of you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!