What's new

AC66U_B1 diffrences

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

So I have AC66U and would like Dual core 1ghz and QOS Adapive, Never really noticed AC66U support MIMO though. I want Dual core 1 Ghz most cause they should be able to do 300mbit with HW AC/CTF off that Adaptive QOS and PER IP tracking disables. AC66U limts me to 100mbit once CTF/HW AC is off And I not sure I want to pay the asking prices for AC3100 and higher Routers.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC66U/specifications/

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC66U-B1/specifications/

I ask this same question to ASUS chat which was most confusing and contradicting, They told me there is NO DIFFRENCE between the 2 which would imply the B1 isnt a dual core 1 ghz CPU and dont support Adaptive QOS.

I can get B1 at microcenter for 99$ verse 240+ the AC3100 and higher are even though those are 1.2ghz? dual cores. and seeing I doubt any of those will increase my wifi range and faster wifi speeds will be irreverent to me, cause I pretty much limit all my wifi client to 10/10bit with dual core at most i might increase that limit to 20/20 or 25/25 mbit

so this is no doubt about B1 being 1 ghz Dual core and it supports Adaptive QOS, and pretty much ASus on chat people are brain dead?

I will grab the B1 instead of the AC3100 or higher routers, it should be more them cappable of doing 300mbit speeds with HW acc/CTF off

Note that B1 must be part of the model name and not just the HW revision to be the new ARM model.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

and pretty much ASus on chat people are brain dead?
I think support channels for practically everything these days are brain dead.

Support Call Story: Last weekend my $2500 LG Refrigerator ice maker stopped working with a loud popping sound. I had to turn the ice makers switch OFF because it was super loud and waking up people every two hours. I told LG support I turned the switch off due to the insane noise. He asked me a few question about the panel, which has nothing to do with it, but its working, then I repeated the ice maker is making a loud popping sound every two hours getting stuck in the dumping ice position and I had to turn the ice maker switch to the OFF position. His next sentence was just INCREDIBLE..... "Sir, Please open the ice maker door and look at the switch, is the switch in the OFF position or ON position"? I instantly lost my mind and said, dude I just told you its in the off position because I was forced to turn it off, and he replied "Well now we know why its not working, please turn on the ice maker" I then said "Are you brain dead, I just told you I turned it off because of LOUD NOISE" He then told me to contact Home Depot where I purchased it. I should have apologized, but I didn't because my chest was pounding at what I had just heard. I think I aged at least a year in that 5 minute call.

I very rarely get decent support these days. Not even sure why they are allowed to call it support, its more like a "Instant stress for free chat line".... The $130 for a new ice maker from Amazon now looks much easier than having warranty take care of it.

I love retelling the story on how I contacted 3Com's tech support back in the day because the Windows software that was monitoring their USB faxmodem would fail to work. Their tech support's advice was to defragment my hard disk...

This is what happens when you get someone with zero technical knowledge, and have him read a script he doesn't even understand.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!