What's new

AC68P or AC68U questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Meez

New Around Here
i'm looking to get one of these routers within the next week and was wondering if there were real benefits from the better processor of the 68P over the 68U. being as though the 68U can be overclocked to 1200mhz, does that bump up the performance to match the 68P's cpu?

also, what are the comparisons of the usb 3.0 speeds of both routers. i know the 68P has better shielding for better throughput. is it that much better?

i can probably save $40 if i just get a used 68U. but i will be making use of the usb3.0 port and using it for sharing through the home network, so the usb 3.0 performance is an important factor for me. is the 68P worth the extra money?

thanks!

btw, i current have the N66W running the Merlin-fork and it's oc'd to 662mhz. nice and stable. just looking to upgrade to an AC router with a usb 3.0 port.

i can probably save $40 if i just get a used 68U. but i will be making use of the usb3.0 port and using it for sharing through the home network, so the usb 3.0 performance is an important factor for me. is the 68P worth the extra money?

For what it's worth, when I bought my RT-AC68P, the local Best Buy matched the sale price of an RT-AC68U at New Egg on their RT-AC68P saving me $20. If you can find a 68U on sale at a major online retailer, it might make the difference for you. I'm happy with mine, it just runs...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!