What's new

AC68U 4G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davebruno

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out as I'm usually quite clued up with internet setups but I've moved house to a total not-spot. 1.3mb DSL, no fiber etc.

So I bought a cheap Vodafone MiFi R218H box, it works but not good enough for gaming a (particularly if Netflix is on) I cant seem to get it working with my router as a usb dongle (it works plug and play with pc over usb though).

Anyway I'm wondering if there is a recommended usb dongle or a way to get it working.. Im only getting 10mb down with it at the moment and jittery latency so I'm open to making some changes but I really don't know where to start. Should I be looking at something with external antennas, a full 4g router or something that just does a modem and puts out to ethernet.. I'm happy to spend a little if it will make it significantly better but want bang for my buck really so what should I be looking into? I've read about cat 4 cat 11 etc but not sure how to find out if masts in my area would even support?

Sorry for the wall of text I'm just confused!

Thanks,

Dave

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!