What's new

AC68u Astrill VPN Performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

virusmoere

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I have a problem with Astrill VPN Portlet. I just get about 10-12 Mbit/s throughput with using Router Pro and about 5-8 Mbit/s with OpenVPN. This is independent of the server I'm using. On the PC I get nearly full speed...(no CPU limit)

Is this working as intended? Because I saw a lot of people reaching up to 50Mbit with Astrill on Asus routers.

- Asus RT-AC68U with Merlin 378.56_2
- 100/6 Mbit/s Internet connection.

Thanks in advance

Is this working as intended? Because I saw a lot of people reaching up to 50Mbit with Astrill on Asus routers.
Hi,

I think that for VPN throughput overclocking is key. :rolleyes:
With my main router oc'ed to 1200 MHz CPU clock (50% up to default), I get up to 50 MBit down and 10 MBit up throughput (on a 150/15 line and Perfect Privacy as VPN provider) - discussed here.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hey guys,

I have a problem with Astrill VPN Portlet. I just get about 10-12 Mbit/s throughput with using Router Pro and about 5-8 Mbit/s with OpenVPN. This is independent of the server I'm using. On the PC I get nearly full speed...(no CPU limit)

- Asus RT-AC68U with Merlin 378.56_2
- 100/6 Mbit/s Internet connection.

Thanks in advance

Astrill has the bandwidth to make it possible to get almost your full local ISP provided speed. I can get 75 down 65 up when connected to an Astrill server 350 miles distant. To do this I run an ASUS N66 connected to a VPN accelerator which has a faster processor than even an over clocked SOHO router and two gigs of memory.

Typical SOHO routers alone just don't have the processing power for full speed VPN connections.

Hi,

I overclocked the CPU (1200/666) and can reach 40-50Mbit/s now :) Just a little bit concerned about cooling...

Astrill has the bandwidth to make it possible to get almost your full local ISP provided speed. I can get 75 down 65 up when connected to an Astrill server 350 miles distant. To do this I run an ASUS N66 connected to a VPN accelerator which has a faster processor than even an over clocked SOHO router and two gigs of memory.

Typical SOHO routers alone just don't have the processing power for full speed VPN connections.

What kind of VPN accelerator device are you using? Just a custom built x86 Server?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!