What's new

AC68U - Crashing out of memory

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChrisE

New Around Here
Hi

I’ve just setup an RT-AC68U and flashed with latest firmware 380.66_2

The only changes I’ve made from a default config is

• PPPoE settings
  • Enable custom settings on JFFS
  • Share external 500GB drive with samba
  • Cron to touch a file on the external drive every 9mins to prevent it sleeping
  • The option to drop caches is enabled by default
  • SMB 2 is disabled, all other services are disabled.

When flashing I had a default config, and after flashing + reset config to default again making sure it was a fresh install.

I used the external drive quite heavily last night for backups, no problems at all. Today I’m working at home and the internet cut out. During this time there have been no devices accessing the external drive, so the router has been doing nothing except DHCP and NAT.

After powering the router on/off it booted but not responding to DHCP and Wifi wasn’t coming up. Unplugged it for a bit and connected it back up. I had internet access for a few minutes and it crashed again.

Any ideas what may be causing this or what I should look for? Crash logs below

May 24 12:47:03 kernel: SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) show-backtrace-all-active-cpus(L) show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W)

May 24 13:24:28 kernel: SysRq : HELP : loglevel(0-9) reBoot Crash terminate-all-tasks(E) memory-full-oom-kill(F) kill-all-tasks(I) thaw-filesystems(J) show-backtrace-all-active-cpus(L) show-memory-usage(M) nice-all-RT-tasks(N) show-registers(P) show-all-timers(Q) Sync show-task-states(T) Unmount show-blocked-tasks(W)

I'm now struggling to get it working at all, have power and wan light but nothing else after several attempts of restarting.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried restoring it but no use, looks like it restarts itself half way though so I'm thinking it has faulty memory/flash. Will be on its way back to Amazon tomorrow.