What's new

AC68U firmware 3.0.0.4.384.21045 issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
AC68U 3.0.0.4.384.21045.
Amazon and Snbforum are so slow after the firmware update. Most of other websites are fine. It's fine for a short period of time if I reboot the router. And then it goes to slow again. Does anybody have this issue?

When it is acting slow, go in via ssh and cat /proc/cpuinfo
What is your BogoMIPS showing?

I've checked packets instead of that. I found following info when it's slow.

'Ignored Unknown Record'

It's related in SSL, MTU, TLS. I think there is the MTU issue with 3.0.0.4.384.21045.

Last edited:
I've checked packets instead of that. I found following info when it's slow.

'Ignored Unknown Record'

It's related in SSL, MTU, TLS. I think there is the MTU issue with 3.0.0.4.384.21045.

Do you get IPv6 from your ISP?

Do you get IPv6 from your ISP?
No. I use IPv4. I've never seen this kind of issue with ASUS router. I mean 'Ignored Unknown Record'. I know what it is. That's why I suspect the firmware. I'm still looking for the cause.

Last edited:
No. I use IPv4. I've never seen this kind of issue with ASUS router. I mean 'Ignored Unknown Record'. I know what it is. That's why I suspect the firmware.

I don’t use stock firmware so can’t really test this, but I highly doubt upgrading firmware would change your MTU settings. What’s it set at?

You’re seeing ‘Ignored Unknown Record’ from Wireshark right? I’m guessing the TLS packets are snapped at the MTU length?

I don’t use stock firmware so can’t really test this, but I highly doubt upgrading firmware would change your MTU settings. What’s it set at?

You’re seeing ‘Ignored Unknown Record’ from Wireshark right? I’m guessing the TLS packets are snapped at the MTU length?

Yes it's from Wireshark. MTU is same. It's 1492 default. It's always the same for me. I don't change MTU.

I don't use PPPoE. The value 1492 is from PPPoE menu though.

Then the PPPoE value of 1492 is not relevant to you. I’m assuming your WAN Connection Type is set to “Automatic IP”? If so, have you tried rebooting/power cycling the modem? It might have been stuck in a weird state with the wrong MTU when you upgraded the router. Worth a shot.

Then the PPPoE value of 1492 is not relevant to you. I’m assuming your WAN Connection Type is set to “Automatic IP”? If so, have you tried rebooting/power cycling the modem? It might have been stuck in a weird state with the wrong MTU when you upgraded the router. Worth a shot.
Yes it's auto. I checked and did a lot of things such as rebooting and power off. I'll try NVRAM clear later.

Reactions: kfp

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!