What's new

AC68U merlin 384.6, cant set failover.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Payam Nab

Occasional Visitor
I have 2 cable networks and want use one as failover.
These are my settings:
Code:
Primary WAN: WAN
Secondary WAN: LAN 4 
Dual WAN Mode failover with Allow failback
Detect Interval 5 seconds
Failover Execution Time: Continuous 12 times (60  seconds) detect network failed
Failback Execution Time: Continous detect Primary WAN successfully over  times ( = 10  seconds).
Enable Ping to Internet: Yes
Target: 8.8.8.8

I dont want to leave the connection stay on WAN 2 after switch as its a metered connection.
Problem is when WAN 1 lose network connectivity and there is no ping it switches to WAN 2, but then it ping 8.8.8.8 from WAN 2 and switches back to WAN1, while WAN 1 has no connection.
Tried to set the ping address to WAN 1 external static ip address, but then when it connected to wan 2 it pings it, and gives No Network for WAN 2 and switches back to wan 1 while it still has no network.

Any idea how to solve this failover issue?

So I checked almost all the threads on Asus failover/failback found by google and it seems like this is a known and not solved issue on all Asus routers both original and merlin firmwares

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!