What's new

AC68U: No Internet Connection in LAN but successfull pings in SSH

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

julian01

New Around Here
Hey Guys,

this ist my very first post in this great forum. I learned so much in the past years reading here. Nevertheless I feel still very new so I never felt to contribute something others couldn't do better anyways.

Now I'm completley stuck with this problem to which I can't find any answers, I so hope that you could help me, I'm sitting for days in hope of solving it, but now it gives me headaches without end.)

-Deleted-, I got it working, See last post

Problem:
========
Connecting one Asus Router behind another: Working Connection on SSH session at Asus Router but Not on LAN Client
========

I don't understand how the Router itself has Internet, but cannot share it with the PC on LAN.

It would be so helpful, if you could tell me what to do to know whats going on.

Best regards
Julian

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @julian01.

Let's begin at the start. Did you try rebooting the client device to see if it has a connection, after connecting the RT-AC68U?

I got it working, I just changed the DNS Servers to the Gateway IP of Router 1 in the ASUS Settings and the DNS of the Client to the Gateway IP of Router 2 (ASUS). And plugged re-plugged, deleted the Client Wired Profile multiple times till it was working.

Sorry to bother you, guy. I should've spend more time in precisely looking what could be wrong.

Last edited: