What's new

AC68U rev. E1 & Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M1k1

Occasional Visitor
Hi.
I've just got the AC68U and it has the hardware revision E1 (the firmware version is 3.0.0.4.380_3264). Does anyone know if the Merlin works for this revision?

Last edited:
Hello, I also have this question. The last 4 days I do a research with what posibilities I have to install a 3rd party firmware but no luck with the E1 rev. I guess we will have to wait for some time. :)

Indeed blades, I searched as well high and low for the information about 3rd party firmware for the E1, but no dice. Well, let's be patients and keep an eye on this thread.

There you go Wutikorn

nvram get HW_ver 1.95
nvram get boardrev 0x1103
nvram get clkfreq 1000,666
nvram get bl_version 1.3.0.6

Code:
blades@(none):/tmp/home/root# nvram get clkfreq
blades@(none):/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor   : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor   : 0
BogoMIPS   : 1998.84

processor   : 1
BogoMIPS   : 1998.84

Features   : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer   : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant   : 0x3
CPU part   : 0xc09
CPU revision   : 0

Hardware   : Northstar Prototype
Revision   : 0000
Serial       : 0000000000000000
blades@(none):/tmp/home/root# nvram get bl_version

Last edited:
Hi.
I've just got the AC68U and it has the hardware revision E1 (the firmware version is 3.0.0.4.380_3264). Does anyone know if the Merlin works for this revision?
Hi, where does it say the hardware revision? Is it written on the box or on the device? I checked the router last night but couldn't find any info regarding the revision, but I didn't check the box yet.

it's on the back of the device.
there on the white sticker it says HW.ver.E1
SS.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, mine is a DSL-AC68U, not just a router. I wonder if modem-routers have different HW versions too. There was a white sticker with serial number etc. on the back, but no HW version. I'll check it out again this evening when I am home.

Thanks for the reply :)

Hmm, mine is a DSL-AC68U, not just a router. I wonder if modem-routers have different HW versions too. There was a white sticker with serial number etc. on the back, but no HW version.
I have both RT-AC68U and DSL-AC68U. I do see revision on RT-AC68U, but not on DSL-AC68U. There might be only one revision for DSL-AC68U.

No wonder I couldn't find any info regarding HW version. BTW, why do you need both dsl and router versions?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

BTW, why do you need both dsl and router versions?
I have two houses. The old house used to have ADSL connection which was not stable(Fiber optic wasn't available), but I had already purchased DSL-AC68U. After I changed the ISP, I didn't want to purchase a new router(the bad part is that DSL version doesn't support Merlin's firmware), so I use LAN port as WAN. The main house is where I put RT-AC68U as main router.

I have two houses. The old house used to have ADSL connection which was not stable(Fiber optic wasn't available), but I had already purchased DSL-AC68U. After I changed the ISP, I didn't want to purchase a new router(the bad part is that DSL version doesn't support Merlin's firmware), so I use LAN port as WAN. The main house is where I put RT-AC68U as main router.
I see. Thanks [emoji2]

Hi, where does it say the hardware revision? Is it written on the box or on the device? I checked the router last night but couldn't find any info regarding the revision, but I didn't check the box yet.
It's both on the box and on the back of the device ► H/W ver: E1

Unfortunately the problem keeps occurring. And actually, there is no internet connection on both of my PCs, although the router appears to be connected to the internet. I don't line this at all. I paid quite a lot for this router and I don't want to reboot it over and over. I'm seriously thinking of return it.

Last edited:
I just upgraded the firmware to the latest available one (3.0.0.4.380.4118). Let's see how it behaves.

Good to know. But I will not flash Merlin before I don't find out what is the problem with my router. It might have a hardware problem and then I'll return it, hence I want to keep it for a while on the official firmware. Plus, even if I didn't have a problem I still would like to wait at least one month to see if SLT and blades run into problems or if they report that everything is fine. :)

Last edited:
I get temps < 50C with a fan with E1 version. As I use OpenVPN a lot, looking forward to overclock this router. But I can't get it work with anything except stock 1000,666 with nvram set clkfreq :-( using latest Merlin 380.65.
Anyone got overclock working for E1, BL 1.3.0.6?

Thank you in advance.

I get temps < 50C with a fan with E1 version. As I use OpenVPN a lot, looking forward to overclock this router. But I can't get it work with anything except stock 1000,666 with nvram set clkfreq :-( using latest Merlin 380.65.
Anyone got overclock working for E1, BL 1.3.0.6?

Thank you in advance.
My AC68U rev. E1 with 70mm fan have maximum 50C on CPU
Please, have your router temperature discussion in this thread:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/router-temperatures.71123/