What's new

AC68U Router with Huawei HG612 Modem on Infinity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bapesta786

Occasional Visitor
Hi there, just having a little difficulty in getting this setup to work on my BT Infinity Fibre. I want to stop using the BT provided HomeHub and replace with my Asus Router, and Huawei HG612. I had a similar setup in my previous setup on Sky Fibre :)

Can anyone advise what the settings should be on both the router, and on the HG612 modem. The modem is unlocked with web interface installed.

Below is my settings on the Asus.

ScreenShot2017-04-21at11.58.22.png

Is this gpon fiber service? If so you would connect the asus directly to the ont. No modem needed. Sorry im not familiar with your service name

If its vdsl then you should be able to put the modem into transparent bridging. And let the asus do all the routing. Look like you have the modem doing alot of the work there. But im not familiar with that modem at all.

Last edited:
Hi there, just having a little difficulty in getting this setup to work on my BT Infinity Fibre. I want to stop using the BT provided HomeHub and replace with my Asus Router, and Huawei HG612. I had a similar setup in my previous setup on Sky Fibre :)

Can anyone advise what the settings should be on both the router, and on the HG612 modem. The modem is unlocked with web interface installed.

Below is my settings on the Asus.

ScreenShot2017-04-21at11.58.22.png
I use the same modem with my Asus AC68U and BT Infinity.
The only thing you need to watch is the login and password.
I found I needed to use my main bt email address and password as the login.
I have enable UPnP ticked but I don't have the port ranges specified.
Otherwise everything is the same and works perfectly.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!