What's new

AC68U super slow GUI on wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pIGnaChI

Occasional Visitor
A lightning storm burned the WAN port on my AC68U. I used the Dual WAN to use LAN1 as WAN.
I noticed, however, that recently the web gui is virtually unusable over wifi. The login page loads instantaneously, but putting the credentials ends up in a white page with the browser "Transferring data from..".
If it manages to load the gui, then navigating it is a pain and requires multiple refreshes of the page. The strange thing is that once I plug in an Ethernet cable, the web gui is super responsive as normal.

This behaviour is consistent across browsers and operating systems. I am not using https. I updated to the newest Merlin and did a factory reset - still the same. Internet speed over wifi is normal otherwise.

Does anyone have any ideas?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

I would recommend doing the full steps listed in the link above (including the steps in the link Grisu posted).

The part below may be all that is needed though. :)

If doing just the below doesn't work, then try following the steps completely to hopefully get the router back to a good/known state. :)

Unplug all network equipment from the AC wall outlets and let them sit for 60 minutes or more if you can (minimum is at least 10 full minutes), including the modem, router, switches, NAS' and all clients/devices.
  • Now, plug in the modem and wait for 5 minutes for it to fully boot up.
  • Plug in the router and wait for 5 minutes for it to fully boot up and settle itself.
  • Plug in any switches and plug in and turn on all clients/devices (I suggest wired devices first).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!