What's new

AC68U Wi-FI radical fluctuations on two different routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Q05039

Occasional Visitor
I have one AC68U router setup and on both the 5G and 2.4G bands the wi-fi signal in fluctuating radically from -50dB when "on" and then the signal drops to 0db for a few seconds, then resumes back in the -50db range. This issue is occurring on both bands. I have used Netspot to see these fluctuations. They are not consistent as they sometimes go away for 15 to 30 minutes and then come back and fluctuate for several minutes in a row. I have my 2.4G band on Channel 6 and the 5G band on Channel 157. I have tried changing channels to no avail. Also I don't seem to be getting any interference from neighboring routers as I have no one close to me using channel 6 or 157. At first I thought I had a bad router so I bought a second AC68U and placed it in the basement and set it up using channels 1 and 161 and the same thing happens. Both routers have been loaded with the latest Asus firmware 3004.386.41634 and I have used factory default settings. I would appreciate any help I can get as I am out of options. What things can I check or change that might be causing this issue? I have attached several view of router settings and Netspot results that show the issue.

Attachments

• 5g Settings.JPG
    5g Settings.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Wi-Fi settings 3.JPG
    Wi-Fi settings 3.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 2g settings.JPG
    2g settings.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Wi-Fi fluctuation.JPG
    Wi-Fi fluctuation.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Wi-Fi fluctuation3.JPG
    Wi-Fi fluctuation3.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 117
I have one AC68U router setup and on both the 5G and 2.4G bands the wi-fi signal in fluctuating radically from -50dB when "on" and then the signal drops to 0db for a few seconds, then resumes back in the -50db range. This issue is occurring on both bands. I have used Netspot to see these fluctuations. They are not consistent as they sometimes go away for 15 to 30 minutes and then come back and fluctuate for several minutes in a row. I have my 2.4G band on Channel 6 and the 5G band on Channel 157. I have tried changing channels to no avail. Also I don't seem to be getting any interference from neighboring routers as I have no one close to me using channel 6 or 157. At first I thought I had a bad router so I bought a second AC68U and placed it in the basement and set it up using channels 1 and 161 and the same thing happens. Both routers have been loaded with the latest Asus firmware 3004.386.41634 and I have used factory default settings. I would appreciate any help I can get as I am out of options. What things can I check or change that might be causing this issue? I have attached several view of router settings and Netspot results that show the issue.

Bad power?

Try a different tool such as WiFi Analyzer on Android?

Did you reset the firmware before using it?
Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE

Her is also a Wireless Log for your reference.

Attachments

• Wireless_Log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 124
Like ozarkedge says could be poweroutlet or your extension/strip. if two routers are doing the same thing, doubt your router is the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!