What's new

AC86, Static Lan-Route/Route-Table, Wirelessly Through AI-Mesh Node (Problem)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ScottMet

New Around Here
Does anyone know of any issues or bugs with using the Lan-Route function wirelessly through a mesh node connection?

I have two connected networks in my home. 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.2.0. .2.0 is connected to .0.0; .0.0 is the router connected to the modem. I have Lan-Route setup on .0.0 so that the .0.0 network can communicate with .2.0. This all works perfectly on wired connections from all nodes, where it all starts to fall apart is WiFi connections. Problem, no wireless devices connected to the .0.0 network can communicate with the .2.0 network when connected to a mesh node. However, the same wireless devices can communicate from .0.0 to .2.0 if connected wirelessly to the mesh router.

I have scoured the internet and can find no other instance of this issue. I have searched through all other possible settings for the node and router in the firmware but cannot find anything that sticks out to me that would resolve the issue. Am I missing a specific setting or is this a wireless mesh node bug/problem in the firmware?

Personally, I think this seems like a bug/problem or an unpublished limitation of AI-Mesh. Thoughts?

If this is a limitation or bug does anyone know how this would be reported to ASUS for possible correction?

Any assistance you may be able to provide would be great.

Thanks!