What's new

AC86U - 384.13_0 - Guest network time remaining not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ckl_88

New Around Here
I just found out that the guest network time remaining function doesn't really work. I turned it on yesterday at 6pm for 3 hours and just notice a few minutes ago that it's still up and the time remaining is stuck at 2 hours and 59 minutes.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Same issue here on Asus RT-AC51U. Using it to share a 4g connection over my local wi-fi since i have no cable internet where I'm now. Tried with 3 minutes remaining time and it's stuck at 2 minutes left since then. It seems it will be forever at 1 minute less than configured time. Anyway to fix it or report to asus?

I just found out that the guest network time remaining function doesn't really work. I turned it on yesterday at 6pm for 3 hours and just notice a few minutes ago that it's still up and the time remaining is stuck at 2 hours and 59 minutes.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

It seems to be working OK here. I'd suggest rebooting the router and set the timer again and watch it for a few minutes to see if it is counting down.

Thanks for yout reply!
I've just done this.
1) After rebooting the router there was no guest network.
2) I configured the guest network with 1 day and waited for 3 minutes. Time is still stuck at 23 min 59 sec
3) reebooted the router again. The guest network I've just enabled is gone.

The only way to schedule properly is scheduling the router to reboot so the guest network will be gone hahaha

@rafaelhb, are you actually connecting a guest client to the Guest network in your testing above?

Did you perform a full reset to factory defaults after flashing RMerlin firmware on your RT-AC86U from stock firmware?

How many firmware updates ago was that? :)

It doesn't seem like your router is in a good/known state as-is. I would suggest you follow the M&M Config link in my signature below to get back to a good/known state. Also, have a quick peek at the Nuclear Reset guide too. It is only a few minutes longer to do but may help get rid of the glitches and bugs you're seeing now.

At the very least, it will give others a clean slate to offer further suggestions to fix this issue. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!