What's new

ac86u guest network problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cooloutac

Very Senior Member
guest network randomly stopped working. was de authenticating everything. i'm not sure what hapened cause the syslog is spammed and flooded with wlceventd events from all the devices tring to connect. i have it set for unlimited time limit. i had to disable it and re-enable it to get it working agian. using latest merlin firmware 384.19. i welcome any advice.

Last edited:
welp. turns out its not just the guest network. its the whole 2.4ghz band dropping now. similar issues. wlcevend proc events spamming the router. the 2.4 ghz shows its still up in the web gui but everything was dropped and nothing could connect to it. restarting it didn't help. i had to reboot the router to fix it. I'm now begrudgingly returning the router.

My guess is this router is like walking on eggshells. the fact i'm running a vpn with policy rules, guest networks, 30+ wifi devices mostly on the 2.4 ghz. ai protection and qos on. the router just throws up on itself after a week. my cpu use is always very low 0-7% but the memory starts going over 80% usage. SO i don't know if its hardware or firmware issues, but the thing is going back.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!