What's new

AC86U low upload speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Viktar Hushchynski

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Just noticed that I started to have a problem with upload speed. Not sure what it could be connected with.

I have AC86U as a main router connected to AT&T ARRIS - BGW210-700 and 2xAC2600 (blue cave) as AiMesh nodes. I'm using a Gigabit plan for a while now and max speed I was able to get is around 450Mbps up and 450Mbps down (even tho att modem integrated in UI speed test shows around 976.562/906.497 (Mbps down/up). Currently the picture is the following:
upload_2020-4-1_17-48-39.png

Tried on a bunch of devices that I have including phones (upload is not getting above 150Mbps). My desktop usually connected via cable to one of the AIMesh nodes that is nearby and speeds were usually 400+Mbps both ways.

Today I updated both blue caves firmwares, just to exclude em from equation I turned them off an connected to AC86U and run few speed tests, results were the same as on the screenshot.

Didn't change any router settings - so not sure what could lead to the upload speed dropping.

Here is some wireless settings I have:

upload_2020-4-1_17-59-37.png

2.4Ghz:
upload_2020-4-1_18-0-5.png

5Ghz:
upload_2020-4-1_18-0-31.png

Since last firmware update I didn't touch anything in router setup.

Any advice where to check or what to do to identify the problem?

Last edited:
Hi,

Just noticed that I started to have a problem with upload speed. Not sure what it could be connected with.

I have AC86U as a main router connected to AT&T ARRIS - BGW210-700 and 2xAC2600 (blue cave) as AiMesh nodes. I'm using a Gigabit plan for a while now and max speed I was able to get is around 450Mbps up and 450Mbps down (even tho att modem integrated in UI speed test shows around 976.562/906.497 (Mbps down/up). Currently the picture is the following:
View attachment 22322

Tried on a bunch of devices that I have including phones (upload is not getting above 150Mbps). My desktop usually connected via cable to one of the AIMesh nodes that is nearby and speeds were usually 400+Mbps both ways.

Today I updated both blue caves firmwares, just to exclude em from equation I turned them off an connected to AC86U and run few speed tests, results were the same as on the screenshot.

Didn't change any router settings - so not sure what could lead to the upload speed dropping.

Here is some wireless settings I have:

View attachment 22323
2.4Ghz:
View attachment 22324
5Ghz:
View attachment 22325

Since last firmware update I didn't touch anything in router setup.

Any advice where to check or what to do to identify the problem?
Was the speed test running on 2.4 or 5 WiFi. Sounds like 2.4