[AC86U] Smart Connect rule

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

dsancho

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I can't figure out how to setup correctly smart connect rules... I made a lot of research on google and on this wonderfull forum but I still lost.

I just want to connect all my ac devices to the 5Ghz band unless the 5Ghz bandwidth utilisazion is greater than 80% for example.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks !
David

lorkadiscovery

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I can't figure out how to setup correctly smart connect rules... I made a lot of research on google and on this wonderfull forum but I still lost.

I just want to connect all my ac devices to the 5Ghz band unless the 5Ghz bandwidth utilisazion is greater than 80% for example.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks !
David
Maybe like this? Im no expert on it as the docs for it are not exactly straight forward.

Attachments

dsancho

Occasional Visitor
Thanks I will try this !

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture

techcafe

Regular Contributor
ime, Smart Connect isn't so smart at all, and configuring all those esoteric parameters is ridiculously convoluted, so I've turned Smart Connect off and simply allow wireless devices to select the band which works best for them. you don't need Smart Connect.