What's new

AC86U Swap File

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

g1dtf

Occasional Visitor
I am wanting to use a swap file on my AC86U (latest merlin) with a 32gb Samsung fit plus USB stick. Is there any benefit from using a swap partition rather than just creating a swap file on the stick. I am currently running diversion and nvpnmng script, what size swap file do people recommend on the AC86U

I am wanting to use a swap file on my AC86U (latest merlin) with a 32gb Samsung fit plus USB stick. Is there any benefit from using a swap partition rather than just creating a swap file on the stick. I am currently running diversion and nvpnmng script, what size swap file do people recommend on the AC86U
Use AMTM and use the recommended swap file size (2gb I believe). Option SW

The SWAP file is supported and can be managed by these scripts: Skynet, Diversion and amtm.
That is not the case for a SWAP partition. The choice is yours ;)

I recommend a swap partition vs. a swap file. I have had swap files corrupted on a USB drive. Never have had issues with a swap partition.
Of course there are those who will argue this point! Granted, a swap file is easier....

Edit: And make sure you set the USB 3 port to USB 2 mode. Even if you have a USB 3 thumb drive. USB 3 mode will give problems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!