What's new

AC86U vs AC68U Openvpn speed test

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, it's a big difference...with the RT-AC68U, I could never watch Kodi streams via wireless with PIA VPN. Once I switched to the RT-AC86U, all is good again :) ...Best purchase I made.

Well worth the extra $50 ; -)

Looks like I need to upgrade. Anyone using this in an AiMesh system? I'm wondering how hard it would be to use it with my AC68U.

Looks like I need to upgrade. Anyone using this in an AiMesh system? I'm wondering how hard it would be to use it with my AC68U.

I bought one a few weeks ago and now have it as my main router with two 68U's as aimesh nodes. Running latest version (.13) of Merlin. Works beautifully. Replaces 88U which is a fantastic router but vpn is far slower than 86U.

I bought one a few weeks ago and now have it as my main router with two 68U's as aimesh nodes. Running latest version (.13) of Merlin. Works beautifully. Replaces 88U which is a fantastic router but vpn is far slower than 86U.
Are you using Merlin's firmware on the nodes and the router, or just the router?